Archive through September 19, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Web site » Archive through September 19, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Baltrusaitis
Username: Freepistol

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 04:22 pm:   

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to log on the Express web site (http://www.express-aircraft.com/) the last few days. Has the location been changed?
Thanks!
Ben

MH (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 06:44 pm:   

Good question, Ben. The URL hasn't changed to my knowledge (or if it has, nobody's posted anything here). It may be attributed to the change in ownership somehow, or they might be switching host providers. Hopefully someone from EAC will post a note here to let everyone know what's happening with it.

- Mike

Ted Gaston (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:52 am:   

Same thing happened two years ago when the domain expired without us realizing it and the site went offline. This is about the right time for that to have happened and I would imagine Exosphere isn't watching very close to whats happening.

Martin Vandenbroek
Username: Martin

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 12:52 pm:   

Ted,
They know what happened. As I asked Barry on his direct e-mail address why there is no web site any more. So far no answer
Regards, Martin.

MH (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 07:25 am:   

Martin makes an interesting point. Considering the length of the interruption so far, I suspect it's more than a simple oversite or host switch. Something else must be up.

Mike

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 07:50 am:   

Do you guys think that maybe someone just bought themselves a "toy" to play with? The news that I got yesterday is that Allyn isn't working for them anymore as there hasn't been any pay for him yet. I still contend that two and 1/2 months is plenty of time to atleast start contacting the builders that are in the process. I have had no direct contact yet from anyone. Have you? GHW

MH (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 02:38 pm:   

There's a post on the "Express Aircraft Purchased" thread from Exoshphere today, indicating a new site is being developed. I guess we'll have to wait and see what it all means.

I do agree with Gary that the lack of communication is troublesome. Restarting a defunct company is both time consuming and challenging, but communication with your stakeholders is paramount for success. Not sure what they have up their sleve, or what is planned, but it would be nice to have some insight.

Mike

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 07:21 pm:   

OK.. raise of hands... Who here bought a 4x defuncted company and got it started back up in less than 6 months? Much less 3?

Anyone?

Didnt think so....

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 07:31 pm:   

Jim,

Actually I bought an 11x defunct company, an FBO, was back up and running in just over a month. If you would like to visit it, it isn't far from you. Brookfield WI. Been up and running well for 3 years now. The key was communication and support of our clients.

Matt

Chris M (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   

Jim -

I've been involved with 2 successful resurrections of defunct companies, and they both were back up and running within 30-60 days. As Mike and Matthew both stated, the key was communication and support from the clients/stakeholders. Challenging, yes... but solid communication is absolutely crucial to its success.

As for the website, I know via a recent phone call from Barry that they're working on restoring service. There are some old billing glitches with the web host that he is trying to resolve so the site can be reactivated. It may take a bit to sort it all out.

- Chris