Archive through December 29, 1999 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » PARTS LIST FOR AUREIGA OR SERIES 90 AIRCRAFT » Archive through December 29, 1999 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

WALT PATTEN
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:30 pm:   

DOES ANYONE HAVE A COMPLETE PARTS LIST FOR AN AUREIGA OR AN EXPRESS SERIES 90 AIRCRAFT THAT THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE? I AM LOOKING TO BUY ONE OF THESE KITS FROM A PREVIOUS OWNER AND I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT MAKES UP A COMPLETE KIT . IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE THIS INFORMATION PLEASE SEND IT TO WJPATTEN@DOW.COM OR POST IT HERE, OR FAX TO 517 638-7464 THANKS

Bill Copeland
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 04:05 pm:   

Walt:

I think I can come up with copies of the original Weeler parts lists. It will take some searching, but if you are not in a great hurry, I think I can help you. The list I have is for the CT model. The lists for the wings, lower fuse will be the same as the Auriga. Some of the original "kit 5" parts will also serve for both. The EDI parts lists may or may not be the same but if you can find the parts lists for the Series 90, you should have all of the upper fuse and empennage numbers. There is a community of Auriga builders out there so if you cannot hook up with one, let me know.
That aside, you may or may not know that I publish a newsletter for EXPRESS builders. If you would be interested, also let me know and I will send you a sample copy and more details.
Bill Copeland

WALT PATTEN
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 05:32 pm:   

BILL THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME SO SOON. I HAVE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS AIRCRAFT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. A FEW THINGS THAT COME TO MIND ARE I'M THINKING OF USING A CONT.IO-470 N ENGINE TO TRY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHAT I HOPE WILL BE AN ENGINE CRADLE COMING FROM THE FACTORY AS A RESULT OF THE NEW SERIES 2000. WHAT I DON'T KNOW IS WILL THE CRADLE FOR THE 310 H.P. CONT. WORK AND IF NOT WILL I BE ABLE TO GET ONE THAT WILL WORK MADE UP FOR A PRICE THAT DOESN'T RIVEL THE NATIONAL DEBT. ALSO WILL IT BE POSSIBLE TO USE THE LONG AWAITED RETRACT GEAR IN THIS SETUP. AND WHILE I'M ON THAT SUBJECT IS ANYONE OUT THERE BUILDING A RETRACT ,I'D BE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM THEM TOO. FOR NOW ONE MORE THING... IF YOU KNOW OF A SOURCE FOR GETTING SOME PARTS FROM KIT 3 LIKE THE FIREWALL AND SEATS LET ME KNOW. AS I SAID BEFORE THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU .

Otto
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 07:26 pm:   

Walt;

I have a copy of the original parts list put out by Wheeler Express dated 6/12/88. If CEBROS is unable to come up with the list, I would be glad to make a copy and mail it to you. There are 14 pages front and back. Otto Wagner, Express builder in Deland Fl.

John Harlow
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 08:15 pm:   

Walt,
I'am an Auriga builder and will try to answer any questions you may have that pertains to this model. I have an IO540 installed so I can't help re the IO 470. My plane is 99% complete with only another 90% to go. Hope to fly yet this year but for sure by Sun-N-Fun.

John Pels
Posted on Friday, October 29, 1999 - 04:56 am:   

Walt,
I'm a Wheeler CT builder in the Houston area. I've been doing business with Larry Olsen(Express-Aircraft) for about three years. This pre-dates his ownership of the company. All of your questions can be easily answered by him, and graciously I might add. I am installing an IO-470 in my CT. I have as yet not purchased the mount but Larry tells me that the motor- mount spacing is identical but no promises on the induction which is of-course quite different than the more modern f.i. intake manifolding. If you are buying that Auriga posted on this site it sounds like a great deal. Get with the factory though, they're good people.
John Pels

Bill Copeland
Posted on Saturday, November 06, 1999 - 09:36 pm:   

Walt/Otto:
From a preliminary check of my files it will be more accurate and quicker for Otto to furnish the parts list to you.
Sorry,I can't help with the engine mount problem either.
There are two builders that I know of that are currently building or flying retract examples. A report in issue No. 18 of the EXPRESS Link discussed Bob Pailca's flying example and mentioned the fact that Jeff Miller from Fremont, CA has purchased the mechanics from Bob and is presently installing the main gear in his wings.
You can reach Bob at 253-841-9557

WALT PATTEN
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 11:44 am:   

Can anyone tell me if a wheeler express kit delivered in 1991 would have the standard tail or the auriga tail and cabin doors?

John Harlow
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 04:37 pm:   

The Auriga has 2 doors and convential location for the horz stab. The Wheeler has one door and the high tail. So the question to ask is if it has one or two doors. I am one of the original Auriga group and all we ever had made as a group was the upper fuselage, horz tail, cowling, wheel pants, landing gear, and some supporting hdwe to supplement our Wheeler shortages. In most cases we have made one of a kind hdwe to complete our planes. As best as I can remember there were around 32 Auriga tops produced. Hope this helps

jboubelik
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 06:50 am:   

Walt, I'm building a S90. I have the original parts list that came with my kit. I got what I believe to be the last kit from EDI. If you still need the parts list, let me know.

John Boubelik jboubelik@hotmail.com

Paul Fagerstrom
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 03:14 pm:   

Walt,
From my reclection, without sifting through the records, in 1991 kits sold would be from Wheeler Technolgies and would be a Wheeler Express which would be a crusiform tail with a single door. I do not believe that the Auriga group had made any fusalages at that point.

Bill Copeland
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 06:37 pm:   

Walt:

I can say with some certainty that if the kit was produced in 1991 that it is a Wheeler Express and would have a single door and cruciform tail.