Archive through October 17, 2000 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Wing close-out. » Archive through October 17, 2000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brynjar Thordarson (Benny)
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 12:58 pm:   

As I never did receive the full assembly manual from Wheeler I'm not sure what the proper procedures are. I have bits and pieces from Ed Bernard, EDI and other sources. I need to know the wing wash-out and the angle of incidence to name just a few. If someone is willing to assist I'll be greatful.
In a couple of working days I'll be able to close the wings, but I must have it right. You can also tell me abour your mistakes, anonymously if you so prefer, and of things you would do differently if you had the chance.

Bill Copeland (Cbros)
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 06:49 am:   

Benny:

The wings are closed in the saddles in which they were constructed without regard for any "washout."
As for the angle of incidence, a template should have been included with your kit which is placed on Bl - 36 with the top edge level. Let me know if you do not find the template and I will make a copy from ours - or, you can pick up our hard copies the next time you visit.
I assume you have the landing gear and flap drive systems fitted at this juncture. If not, consider completely installing the landing gear and fitting the wings on the temporary pins, and installing the flap drive system before the wing is closed - it will be much easier and more accurate.

Bill C

Jay Villalva
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 06:37 pm:   

Benny,

I would also add that the use of properly aligned saddles, mentioned above, is critical to getting the desired results. I'm sure that if you're unable to find the information in the streets, the Express Aircraft folks can provide you the necessary templates for $.

Jay

Brynjar Thordarson (Benny)
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 01:32 am:   

Thanks you all for a quick reply.
To Bill: I don´t have the A/I template. If you could have a copy ready for me next time I visit I'd appreciate it.
Whoever wants to visit central Europe and join a wing close-out ceremony is more than welcome.

Werner Maag
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 01:18 am:   

Hallo Benny,
as I have my wings closed already and even statically tested, (with good help from alot of builders/friends) I would be glad to help you in the closing process, which is quite a challenge and needs good preparation. Due to my job in Aviation, I would need a 2 month advanced date to get these days off, otherwise you had to plan on my free days. I am back from holiday by oct 31th.
Best regards Werner Maag