Archive through July 18, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » General Questions » Archive through July 18, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

steve johnston
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 02:26 pm:   

Gary,
The plane is located @ ACB (Antrim County, Bellaire, MI). I'm not too sure how far away you are, but I would really appreciate any assistance you may provide. I know it would be really helpful to have someone there who has already built one. And yes, it has the cruciform tail. Please call me at your convenience 720-935-6654. I'm trying to organize a trip up there within the next few weeks. I'm still organizing the trip with my A&P, if his schedule will work. So far it's been really helpful to hear from all of you out there. Everyone's wealth knowledge is helping me make an educated decision. Thanks to all.
Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston
Username: Steve_johnston

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 09:48 am:   

Gary,
I'm trying to make it up to Michigan May 14, or 21st to look over this 1997 Express. If your available, maybe we can work something out for your time of looking over the plane with me. I'd even consider flying into Detroit to see your plane as well. Let me know if any of that is possible. Thanks.

Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston
Username: Steve_johnston

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 09:55 am:   

Gary,
I'm trying to make it up to Michigan May 14, or 21st to look over this 1997 Express. If your available, maybe we can work something out for your time of looking over the plane with me. I'd even consider flying into Detroit to see your plane as well. Let me know if any of that is possible. Thanks.

Steve Johnston

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 92
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 06:10 pm:   

No question here, just a quick note...

I stole another ride from Wanye Norris again yesterday and got the fire going again to keep moving on my kit. He brought his wife and daughters up to Minneapolis for a Mall of America shopping trip and let me go fly with him for a few hours.

We took my seven year old son with us and in the last 24 hours since our ride, he has asked me no less that 50 times when my Express would be ready to fly. I think his ride in the Norris Express was a bit more fun that the rental 172...

WK

Brian

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 93
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 06:34 pm:   

Oooops! I'm not much of a typer. Sorry WAYNE, I spelled your name wrong. The picture above is of Wayne and my son Kyle and the Norris Airliner.

B

Gary Markwardt
Username: Gmark

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:02 pm:   

Brian: Still waiting for that trip to MI for a ride in the Markwardt Express.

As an update to Steve Johnston 4/23 post above, I met Steve while he was looking over Jim Kolberg's Express in northern MI. Last I talked to Steve he was ready to buy. Not sure if the deal is closed yet. But, Steve if your out there, do we have a new Express owner in Colorado?

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 12:40 pm:   

Could anyone tell me where to find a list of airworthiness directives for the series 2000?

Thanks,

Doug Hoff

Allyn Roe (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 12:36 am:   

There are none for the airframe; it is experimental.

Try this for the engine and prop: http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/MainFrame?Ope nFrameSet&CFID=4404667&CFTOKEN=40731469

You also want to check TCM's website for service bulletins (items that have not become AD's). There is a critical SB for the fuel pump on the IO-550's.

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 02:13 pm:   

Thanks Allyn, I was told that there was an ad on the firewall but it must have been misinformation. I have the IO 550N and I'll check on it with continental. I plan to take the plane to have the firewall and engine mounts checked out. You had said that the factory would go through the plane for me but then Express went out of business and I gave up on that idea. Is thee a chance that Express might do it now? Are you open again?

Thanks, Doug Hoff

Allyn Roe (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 10:08 pm:   

Doug, I've never heard any problems with the 2000 firewall.

We do not have a finish facility yet, but there is a shop close by that I recommend for Express maintenance. This allows the Express staff to be close for assistance and information. They are experienced with both models of the Express.

For your inspection I would recommend the engine be 0 loaded and remove the mount enough so the stainless and firewall blanket can be removed. Remove the interior insulation and complete your inspection.

Most likely your “buckling” is isolated in the stainless cover. This material is not a structural component of your firewall. If buckling occurred in the fiberglass firewall, there should be additional evidence around the exterior of the aircraft.

If you believe the aircraft is damaged structurally, you should have it looked at by the local FBO than have someone fly it out west.

Feel free to fly it out to have the rudder slop improved.

Allyn