Express 2000 RG Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express 2000 RG « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hans Georg Schmid (Hgschmid)
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2001 - 09:38 pm:   

Hi there

I am the first time in this excellent forum as I am a prospective buyer of the 2000 RG kit.

Question: Does anybody know whether a prototype of the 2000 RG is already flying? If not, when is the maiden flight anticipated? Thanks!

HG

F. Craig Albright (Craig)
Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 04:31 pm:   

Hans,

Express doesn't have their prototype flying yet. They've been completing the design/construction of the gear mechanism. Then, they added some depth to the cabin area underbelly for extra protection in event of a gear-up landing. I spoke with the factory last Friday (3/8/02), and they are confidently predicting late spring or earlier for prototype completion.

I'm planning on visiting the factory in June to fly the RG prototype; I've already put down a deposit. There are quite a few (7-8?) folks already building...

Craig Albright
(who is currently flying a Mooney M20K)

Hans Georg Schmid (Hgschmid)
Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 10:48 pm:   

Hi Craig

Thanks a lot. I was visiting the factory a year ago when there was nothing at all. Thats why I signed for the EXPRESS 2000 kit on the spot. It has arrived in Switzerland in June 2001 and I had an excellent impression about the general manufacturing quality. I am however still waiting for the last parts and the complete construction manual but I am confident I will get both soon as Larry Olson has promised to send the missing parts in January.

Hans Georg Schmid
www.millenniumflight.com

F. Craig Albright (Craig)
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 10:16 am:   

Hi, folks!

I'm interested in knowing how many people are currently building the Express RG. How about a show of hands?

TIA,

Craig

James Michael Johnson (Mikej)
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:07 pm:   

Craig,

I am building a RG but with the old wings, not the new kit. I went to Bob Palca's workshop and scoped out his installation, then bought an extra set of main gear he had purchased. They are new but I haven't installed them yet. I am using (trying to use) a Piper Saratoga/Arrow nosegear to complete the set. I still have much to be done but am interested in any RG builders to compare notes with.

Mike Johnson

Tom R. Hutchison
Username: Tomhutch

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 07:34 am:   

Congratulations to Larry Olson and the crew at Express Aircraft. Yesterday, January 17th at 12:00, the new Express Series 2000RG turbine demonstrator lifted off the runway at Olympia Airport for it's first flight.

More details and a downloadable video are at: http://www.express-aircraft.com/News.htm

Lookout now Lancair!!

Hans Georg Schmid
Username: Hgschmid

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 09:01 am:   

Congratulations from Switzerland to everybody that made the first flight of the EXPRESS RG possible. Well done!

Hans Georg Schmid

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: