Archive through March 15, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Glass or Aluminum Gear » Archive through March 15, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 03:57 pm:   

Joe: I just got a quote from Steve for a bunch of the metal parts that I didn't get from EAC. He priced the nose strut at $700.00 so you better start saving your golfing money again. Let me know off forum if you want a complete list of what he quoted for me. He does VERY nice work so for those of us that are not professional welders, this is the place to go. GHW

Stefan Åström
Username: Stefan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 04:08 am:   

Does anybody have a smart solution/information about locking system for the baggage door?, the locking system that is been used on the cabin door is to big and advanced in my opinion.
I do not have the locking system for the cabin door, where can it be bought? or anyony has it for sale please send a mail asap.

Mark Rich
Username: Mrich

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 09:03 am:   

Stefan,

I broke and replaced my cabin door latch last year (door spring was too strong). I highly recommend the Hendricks Mfg latch (http://www.hendricksmfg.com/latchprod.html) for the cabin door. Very high quality and includes the lock.

This is probably more than you want for the baggage door though.

Roger Spencer
Username: Roger

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 07:48 pm:   

I purchased the main landing gear brackets from Steve made to the EAC print and he did an excellent job. However, they require bushings in the brackets that go around the gear and in the aluminum brackets that bolt to the rib. Apparently EAC installed the bushings. I understand that the bushings are standard size bushings but can someone tell me how the bushings are configured? On both the forward and aft side it appears to require two flanged bushings: one going through the aluminum with the flange facing inside toward the other members(length not critical) and the other only about 0.380 long going through the steel brackets with the flange facing out toward the aluminum. Can anyone who hasn't installed their gear take a look and verify it. If anyone has purchased the bushings and has a part number and source tell me what it was. I've been looking at AFMUSA's catalog and can't seem to find exactly what I need in their sintered metal flanged bushings.

Gary Markwardt
Username: Gmark

Post Number: 28
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 09:39 am:   

Roger:
can't help with the bearing types, but here are photos of the gear and bracketry that might help. The only bushings I recall are in the part that supports the each side of the bracket (one is visable in the first photo directly below the clamp head on the right). I don't recall any busings in the parts that mate to the wing rib and none show in the photos I have. Hope this helps.
setting bracket angle
installed landing gear

Gary Markwardt

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 09:47 am:   

setting ldg. gear brkt. angle
langing gear installed

Ted Gaston
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 12:01 pm:   

There are no bushings in the upper and lower clamps. There is a hardened pin with a square shoulder that protrudes through the holes in either side and engages the bushings in the forward and aft brackets. The upper and lower clamps are joined together by the hardened pin.
Hope this helps

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 02:07 pm:   

Roger,

Maybe everyone got something different over the years, but my big black upper/lower steel clamps AND the fore and aft aluminum brackets all have a bearing in them. Here's a picture...

Clamps

Larry shipped me the smaller bearings for the black clamps separately due to backorder and I had to put them in myself.

Hope that helps!

Brian

Gary Markwardt

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 02:26 pm:   

Hey Brian. I see I am not the only one having trouble uploading images. You need to wait a LONG time before the program asks for a filename. I got a little impatient, hence the two notes above.

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 02:40 pm:   

Gary,

??? I see a picture, don't you?

Brian