Differences in Express models Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Differences in Express models « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: Gilbertexp

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 11:12 am:   

Could someone please list the differences in the Express model 90 and the model 2000? Are there major differences? I've noticed some posts regarding a CT.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could offer a little explanation.

John

Chris Michalak
Username: Chris_m

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   

John -

Here's a summary of the general differences:

The Express CT was the first Express model, originally introduced in the 80's. It had a single door cabin and a smaller cruciform tail. Most were powered by 200-250 hp engines.

In the early 90's came a variant created by some builders who wanted a larger, conventional tail arrangement and 2 cabin doors. That began life as the Auriga, which was later renamed the Series 90 (or S-90). With the larger tail, many of these builders opted for larger 300hp engines as well.

In the late 90's, Express Aircraft Company renamed the Series 90 model, changing it to the Series 2000 in order to reflect a number of upgraded components and assembly methods going into the new kits.

On a side note: Some builders with older CT kits have elected to upgrade the tail section to the larger Series 2000 tail. Some also upgraded to the 2-door upper fuselage. In addition, there were a couple tail dragger versions completed and flown.

In any event, that's the Readers Digest version of the differences. As the kits evolved, there were a number of differences in components and other features, but this summarizes the fundamental differences.

Hope that answered your question.

- Chris

John
Username: Gilbertexp

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 10:11 am:   

Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I also found the unabridged version of your answer from a previous post. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my duplicate question.

Thanks also to Jerry S. and Bill C. as I continue to pester them with questions off-forum.

Thanks again,

John

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: