Archive through July 06, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Exosphere » Archive through July 06, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Exosphere Aircraft Company, Inc.
Username: Exosphere

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 08:58 am:   

Well This may be just slightly early for this announcement in some respects and oh so very late in so many others. The event that the Exosphere Aircraft Company has been waiting on before pulling the trigger on progress has now been signed. I expect the company will begin trading (finally) by the end of this month. I will announce the new symbol in the next couple of weeks as it gets processed. This has been a very long road, significantly more exhastive than any of my previous deals and has taken a VERY long time and significantly more money than expected. I do believe however that it is finally happening. I have had the pleasure of speaking with many of you and I really appreciate all of your support, encouragement, and most of all patience. Please give me a week or so before trying to get in touch as there is still a great deal of work to do. We are all very excited and have made great progress that I think will be well received. Next week we have a three day pow wow with the attorneys and then it is time to get working on the business.
Barry Henthorn

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 96
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 06:15 pm:   

Interesting that this came through without any response or questions. When might we see some new info on the Exosphere Express?

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 06:15 pm:   

Interesting that this came through without any response or questions. When might we see some new info on the Exosphere Express?

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 07:47 am:   

I just took it for a stall tactic. They were all ready to go a while back but said they lost the old website so it would be down till they made a new one. I sent them a copy of the old one, and nothing. I really could care less at this point if they come back or not. I have some parts for my kits, others can be purchased from companies like EAMF, the rest can be made. We are, well at least I and a few others are homebuilders, not just kit assemblers. With the great resources of this list, as long as time, effort and money are around, we will be able to make whatever we need.

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 08:31 am:   

Guys: Here is the hitch. Roy and Nancy promised that the new owners would take responsiblity for the debt of EAC and make sure that the builders who had paid for kits, engines, and avionic would be reimbursed. I am with you Matt. Stall, stall, stall. Story, story, story. I personally am as mad as hell that we have been treated like this. We were told (by Mr. Henthorn) to e-mail or call him and he would be happy to talk to us. Some have had calls returned. Others of us have had much more difficulty. I don't know how the Express name could ever survive as a viable operating company unless and until those of us who have "financed" the company have been treated fairly. GHW

Exosphere Aircraft Company, Inc.
Username: Exosphere

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 03:49 pm:   

We have been in numerous discussions and have gained a great deal from the experience and insight of the owners we have spoken with. If there are any of you that have been missed or we are not in discussons with (as I have been told) please e-mail me at barry@ict.net and reference "express" as the subject. We are very excited about the future and want the express family to be part of it. The above anouncement was made not due to any pressures (there were none) but simply because it was time.

Jeff Dingbaum
Username: Aviators

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 06:38 pm:   

are you going to be at Oshkosh this year???

Charles King
Username: Chazking

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 12:56 am:   

Dear Barry of Exosphere,

You are playing the hokey-pokey game .. either you're in or you're out. Right now, you're sending very clever notes to the group and doing nothing of substance; you're out dude! Stop teasing the group and get real.

Chaz

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   

Maybe it would be a good idea for all of us builders to get together at some point and decide how we all want to move forward with things. I have an extra set of wings, extra fuselage bottom. My fuselage top and CT tail quads are not yet joined and we could pull plugs/moulds from them. If anyone wants to come use my parts to measure up and copy them, feel free to contact me. The builder group did it before, that is come together and make parts while in between factories.... The aircraft would probably have been better off had it stayed owner operated. In any case I have been making a database of parts, layup schedules, and so on so that at some point the assembly manual can be made into a building/creation manual. This would be for building from straight plans, or with some parts or any combination. I also have the design data from Martin Hollmann when he did his analysis of the original CT model. I am sure with all the information out there a bunch of us could get together and finish off a book/pdf/doc to secure the legacy of the Wheeler Express.

So Barry as I see it, dump or get off the can...

Matt

Jeff Dingbaum
Username: Aviators

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 03:56 pm:   

I didn't think so.