The Death of Steve Bussey Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » The Death of Steve Bussey « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carter A. Smith
Username: Carter_smith

Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 09:29 am:   

Many of you may already know by reading the pilot blog on the preceeding thread, but for those who have not followed it, Steve Bussey was tragically killed in the crash of his Express, N554SB. The crash occured shortly after takeoff from Regina on Friday evening as he was on his way to Alaska. Further details are not yet available.

I am deeply saddened by this loss of a valued member of our Express community and fellow Floridian. My condolences go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

Carter Smith

Allyn J. Roe
Username: Allynroe

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 09:24 am:   

This is really too sad to hear and unfortunate that he did not make it to Alaska. I enjoyed working with Steve to help getting him parts for his CT and seeing him in Lakeland. My sincere condolences go out to his friends and family.

Please have a safe flight home Mike; let us know if we can help in any way.

Allyn Roe

Glen Farley
Username: Glen_farley

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 05:51 am:   

A question on the minds of all who are reading this website is of course - what caused this tragic accident? Has anyone heard of any possible cause? I have searched the internet, but found no suggestions - only one local paper that said the Canadian NTSB "would likely NOT investigate the crash". Why not?

Rob Lueck
Username: Roblueck

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 08:13 am:   

Steve was based here at Merritt Island and was a great guy . He loved his airplane and was very proud of it. I have been told that he called the tower a mile out on departure and said he was having engine trouble and was turning back . Evidently he turned a little too hard . Very sad .

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: