Archive through March 05, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » General Questions » Archive through March 05, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 05:52 am:   

Thanks Allyn, could I get the name and phone no of that shop? I'd sure appreciate it! /doug Hoff

Allyn Roe (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 07:46 am:   

Central Aircraft Repair
Wally Jordan
360-748-0190
KCLS Airport

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 01:46 pm:   

Mark,
Yes we do have a new Express owner in Colorado. Sorry it's been awhile since we've talked. Everything worked out pretty good, except for the weather going back to Colorado. We got stuck going south 2-3 hours out of our way. We made it just fine and the Express was a nice flight.
We did notice a couple things I'm looking into right now. One, the temperature got very hot for part of the flight, but the CHT didn't really move much. Oil temp stayed ok as well. I think some of the engine instruments may be faulty. I checking into it. Also, the stick is pretty heavy overall, but more so going to the left. Maybe you or someone else may have some advice on that. Is that normal? Lastly, the transponder would go out occassionally, thinking the antenna's may be faulty.
Any help from anyone would be great.
Steve Johnston

Terry Sack
Username: Terrysack

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 03:20 pm:   

Allyn, I checked for that critical fuel pump service bulletin you mention for the IO 550 N. I did not see one for fuel pumps. Do you happen to know the bulletin number?

Allyn Roe (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   

Here is the link Terry:

http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/CSB01-1.pdf

Bob Henderson (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 04:22 am:   

Gentlemen, I am one of those who cannot find a bill of sale from my wings and fusalage kits from 1991. I have a tail number registered with the FAA, but they say I need more documentation, meaning a bill of sale. I have the invoices from those parts I purchased. Anyone have ideas how I can overcome this problem. I remember seeing something a long time ago on this forum, but couldnt find it when I looked. (Im not much of a computer geek). Thanks, Bob

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 07:28 am:   

Bob: If/when EAC goes back into business again, you should ask them to produce a duplicate invoice for you. This should be pretty simple for them even if they have to "fake it" with the numbers that you provide to them. GHW

Chris M (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 08:39 am:   

Bob -

To overcome this, produce a signed and notarized affidavit stating your kit was originally purchased in 1991 from ____ (Wheeler or EDI??), who are no longer in business, and therefor a Bill of Sale is not available. That was the FAA's specific guidance in the past, and I believe many builders were successful in overcoming the issue using this method.

Hope that helps.

- Chris

Howard Mullins
Username: Billetworks

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 11:39 pm:   

Hi, My name is Howard Mullins and I own a CNC machine shop in central California. I recently had a discussion with a friend of mine who is familiar with the Express model aircraft and the lack of available parts for them. He had been observing the various intricate parts that we design and build for the automotive aftermarket industry along with a number of components that we machined for the F-18 Hornet. He suggested that I should post to this forum if I was interested in making parts for this home built aircraft or any other model for that matter. The idea has sparked my interest so if anyone is interested in getting parts made for their home built that are not available through other sources then feel free to contact me by email howard@mullinsbilletworks
Thanks for your time
Howard

Terry Sack
Username: Terrysack

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 02:38 pm:   

I am in a bit of a bind....literally. I have never been able to get the rear seats out of my Express. I can get the rear bolts out, but I can not reach the front bolts and the seats will not rotate forward so I can reach them. I think they are stuck on the leather finish that is installed over the floor brackets. I tried to use a block and fulcrum but the only thing that moved was the floor flexing. Any ideas, suggestions, or hints?