Exosphere in the news Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Exosphere in the news « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 07:13 am:   

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/The_Latest_From_Jim_Bede_An_LSA_195074-1.ht ml

The Latest From Jim Bede: An LSA

By Chad Trautvetter, Editor In Chief

Exosphere Aircraft of Seattle on Tuesday threw its hat into the light sport aircraft market, offering the BD-22 created by storied aircraft designer Jim Bede. The company's initial offering will be the BD-22 signature edition, which will be limited to 22 aircraft, each serialized with a special numbered placard signed by Mr. Bede and sold with a suite of limited-edition accessories. "The signature edition BD-22's will incorporate state of the art equipment and are intended to redefine the top end of light sport aircraft," according to Exosphere. Regular versions of the LSA will be available starting with S/N 23. Bede, Exosphere's director of aeronautical design, told AVweb that the BD-22 is an all-metal, low-wing airplane with a wide cabin and a roomy baggage compartment that can accommodate up to two sets of golf clubs. The fuselage will be of metal honeycomb construction, while the wings are to be mostly metal bonded, "with rivets used as necessary," notes Bede.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 10:56 am:   

Now.... This goes against all that was countered in the Exosphere thread and backs up exactly what I had found out...

I've got that 'bad taste' about this and with no other plane out there worthy... I give up. I'll just stay on the ground.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: