Wing construction Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Wing construction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Al Kittleson
Username: Al38kit

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 04:59 pm:   

I have purchased a set of wings and landing gear from a buddy of mine, and am comsidering placing them on the Express I bought this summer. I am not too happy with the construction of the wings, particularily the fuel system, and I don't like the fiberglass gear...thus the considered change.

One of the wings has a bunch of ribs installed, but that is all that has been done to it. I have plans dated in 2000 with Rev1/00 on the bottom of the pages.

Does anyone know if there are revisons to these plans?

These are supposed to be the most updated wings...does anyone know a good way to check what I have and whether or not I have the most recent plans?

Also, I think these plans call for one tank per wing, without any flapper valve...is this correct, any comments? I'd like to stick with one tank per wing.

Al Kittleson
Granbury, TX

Al Kittleson
Username: Al38kit

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:35 am:   

Here are pics of the wing for which I have no plans.

I believe it may be for the "2000" design. If anyone has built one, or knows of someone who can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

This wing has a wet leading edgw and NO piano hinge for the aileron. It has three attach points instead.

Al Kittleson
alfranken@msn.com
817 326 1437

Thanks

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 104
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 07:04 am:   

Those look like original Wheeler wings. Somehwere on the ribs or inside skin of the wing you should find a serial number and date of manufacture. I would guess they were manufactured in '89 or '90.

The ribs appear to have been setup for a single tank per side since the middle rib has flow and vent openings cut in it.

Not sure what you mean by the aileron attach hardware. I don't see it in this picture.

A copy of the wing manual should not be too hard to find from most guys on here. You need sections 1,2,3 of the Wheeler manual. You can find section 4 which covers the ailerons & flaps here:

http://www.wheelerexpress.com/ctmanual.html

You will see that you have the exact same parts & the numbers should match too.

Good luck,
Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: