Archive through February 13, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » General Questions » Archive through February 13, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 02:56 pm:   

Terry. Since I have not covered the floor brackets, I do not have the problem that you have encountered. However, some years ago I did encounter a similar type of problem with a metal bracket sticking to the leather. I released it by spraying a trickle of penetrating oil along the upper surface. I did this several times over a few days, as I recall, and eventually the oil did its work and the bracket released without any damage to the leather. I just wonder if this might work in your case. I think that something like WD40 may also do the same thing.
Best of luck.

Kevin (from Downunder)

Charles King
Username: Chazking

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 06:16 am:   

Control surface balance & Pilot / Co-pilot floor connections.

Could anyone point me in the direction of the Express control surface balance specs? Having the plane painted.

Also, my fiberglass pilot / co-pilot seat connections have started to split due to age. Any suggestions on replacing with a durable solution? I have looked at Jerry S's seat suggestions, but they are oriented to pilot height in the cockpit.

Regards,

Chaz

Charles King

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 06:26 am:   

Could anyone point me in the direction of the Express control surface balance specs? Having the plane painted.

Also, my fiberglass pilot / co-pilot seat connections have started to split due to age. Any suggestions on replacing with a durable solution? I have looked at Jerry S's seat suggestions, but they are oriented to pilot height in the cockpit.

Regards,

Chaz

Charles King

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 06:31 am:   

Regards,

Chaz

Charles King

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   

Brake covers for mains?

Anyone know where I can locate a fairing covers for the brakes on aluminum gear?

Regards,

Chaz

Jim Ward
Username: Jehward

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 08:32 am:   

Chaz:
The kit comes with the basic wheel pants, but everyone has had to adapt them to cover the brakes and blend them to the gear legs. Every one is roughly custom.
Jim

Lamar Wallace
Username: C12

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 10:49 am:   

I am considering purchasing the CT project being sold in the classified section of this discussion board. It is located in Cameron Park, CA. The builder, Leon Schoenfeld, is deceased. The aircraft has 50tt but is out of condition inpection. Does anyone have any information regarding this aircraft? Any information good or bad is welcomed. I have completed a RV8 and fly for a living.

Hans Georg Schmid
Username: Hgschmid

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 10:40 am:   

Hello from Switzerland

I need a fuel drain block (P/N 111-33-050) that can accomodate the fuel drain valve P/N 111-33-053 (F-391-82 from Aircraft Spruce) for my Express 2000.

Steve Furjesi couldn't help me here. Do you have to sell one or do you know who fabricates one?

I just damaged mine. As the valve didn't work 100% I tried to remove it, which was difficult, as somehow a drop of vinilester seems to have landed at the wrong place.

Thanks

HG
hgschmid@bluewin.chEXPRESS 2000 ER HB-YMN

Jay Villalva
Username: Jay

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 08:54 pm:   

HG

If you can send me the dimensions you need for the fuel drain block, I can see what I can do. My recollection is that it’s about 1.5” X 1.5” and about 1” high. The height of the drain ports measured from where the drain valve sits and location (depth) of threads would be needed, too.

Hans Georg Schmid
Username: Hgschmid

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 01:38 pm:   

Jay

Thanks a lot. A friend of mine was able to help me locally. Luckily he had the right tools.
Hopefully the aircraft will be finished in the next few months after my engine (IO-580-B1A) now has arrived.
All the best and thank you again

HG