Work has begun Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Work has begun « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Boettcher
Username: 1965vette

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 07:38 pm:   

I started work on my Express. Went to builder assist in Washington the end of Feb. Darrell and Dan were great to work with. Hope to get back out there soon. Also a big thanks to Steve Christensen for the ride in his stunning Express it gave me the boost I needed. Its a start\

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 03:50 am:   

Congrats!

Darrell M Peterson
Username: Darrell

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   

From the Express Aircraft Company-Most recently Bob Boettcher came to us with parts & pieces from two different Express kits that he had purchased. We at the factory sorted out what we could & could not use. Bob wanted us to assist in getting his plane put together. Bob is in the concrete finishing business ,and had no previous experience in aircraft construction ,or fiberglass building experience,yet Bob was able to get as much work done in one week as most builders get done in two or three months.The reason is that Bob is a very quick learner & very motivated, secondly,is that we have all of the technicle knowledge here with our mechanics,the proper jigs for the airframe,wings ,and epanage to get set with precision. I am really sorry to hear of so many Express builders selling off their kits,due to burn out or because of events that happened in the past with the previous Express Aircraft Company. I am certain that if the Builders could spend 6 weeks with us, in our Builders Assist program,we could make life so much easier for them, as far as completing their kits.

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 05:42 pm:   

Well Darrell, I am coming back for another two weeks in June. So you better get the coffee pot plugged in and warmed up. That Starbucks stuff is way too expensive for a guy like me! See you guys soon. GHW

grant christensen
Username: Notnew

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:09 am:   

HI,,, Wonderful! to see your factory.. I have a mostly complete kit from 1989, that I bought from a hangar neighbor. It is unstarted and it has always been stored inside.. It is for sale..
And I need to sell it.. Manuals too.. Please call if interested.. grant... 805 878 3188.. thank you.. } santa maria , california, near san luis obispo..}

Robert Boettcher

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 06:49 pm:   

Final Body work almost complete and new io540 up and running. Primer this week. Getting very excited, should be in the air soon.

Shawn kelley
Username: Skelley

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 07:51 pm:   

That's awesome!! Hope to see you at my fly in / Bar B Q on the 10th of August 2013. That right if you fly in to Cottage Grove Airport in Cottage Grove Oregon (61S) I will be having a B.B.Q and any and all Express owners are welcome. We have many great places to stay well with in walking distance from the airport Please let me Know at kea@epud.net
Shawn
P.S. you don't have to bring anything.

Robert Boettcher

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 08:35 pm:   

First taxi test a success.

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 07:51 pm:   

Color me jealous

Robert Boettcher

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 03:09 pm:   

FAA Inpection and first flight. I just got home from Washington and wanted to share my excitement. The DAR was a 30 year inspection vet, a retired fighter pilot and 78 years young, very cool. He was impressed with my ship and the factory. His words to Darrell were "I like what you do here" passed inspection with ease. The next morning 06/22/2013 we had covers back on, wheel pants and cowl. 1587B took flight with Darrell behind the controls. Everything went great with no problems. I will be bringing her home to South Dakota as soon as 25 hours are flown off. Cant wait. Thanks to express community and a big thanks to Darrell and crew at Express for helping make my dream a reality.

Shawn kelley
Username: Skelley

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 01:39 pm:   

That's great!!! Hope you have as much fun in your Express as I do with mine. P.S. Hope to see you at our Bar.B.Q. on the 10th of August 2013.
Shawn

Steve Christensen
Username: Stevec

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 09:37 am:   

Robert, It looks fantastic. Congratulations!

Glen Farley
Username: Glen_farley

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 11:09 am:   

Congrats! Looks Beautiful! Welcome to the flying Express family!

Glen Farley

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: