Cabin width Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Cabin width « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mick mathewson
Username: Mickav8r

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 04:40 pm:   

Hi,I am looking at buying a 80's something Express.It says in spec sheets the cabin is 44" wide but I measure this one at 42" did they widen it in later aircraft?Any big men flying these out there?I am 6'3" and 265.Thanks,Mick 760 272-0281

Michael Farley
Username: Mikefarley

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 06:42 pm:   

I had no trouble fitting in our original CT Express...you'll find there's plenty of room. I was 6'3" and 275 lbs when I first started flying ours and flew with others that were taller (not heavier though!). Everyone has fit just fine, but if you were to take any advice it would be to sit in the plane you're thinking about as seat construction and seat foam thickness can have a major impact on how much headroom you'll have.

mick mathewson
Username: Mickav8r

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 07:55 pm:   

michael,Do you have a number I can contact you at to ask a few questions?My E is mickav8r@hotmail.comThanks,Mick

Ronald H. Lock
Username: Ron_lock

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 07:50 am:   

I agree with Michael, I am 5'11" 290, I have plenty of leg room and have to move the set forward a little, as for head room it sets high and my head is just about touching the roof, with the seat back you should pick up another inch or two. I fly my CT mostly by myself from the right seat, it is easyer to get in and out of. My CT was started in 1989 and completed in 1999, and fly's great. If you have any other questions you can call me at 601-248-4002

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: