Archive through March 09, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Parts Availability » Archive through March 09, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 07:57 pm:   

I have posted photographs of the parts that I was able to acquire from EAC before their departure into oblivion. The site address is: www.wolfelt.com/parts. With the exception of the wing ribs, I believe that I have most of the composite parts that I will need to complete my flying machine (not to be called an Express for the time being) if I should live long enough. I understand that there are some people out there that are in need of composite parts that they have paid for but never received. So before I start my assembly this spring, I have decided to make my parts available to anyone (at no charge) that needs to make molds to fabricate whatever parts are required to complete projects that have already been paid for. I will send my parts off to a composite manufacturing shop and you can make arrangements with the shop to pay them directly for their work. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping my part to and from the shop. You may also notice from inspection of these photos that I somehow ended up with TWO sets of rudder skins. So if you are missing a rudder, please let me know and I will ship it to you (you pay the freight) at no charge. You may also notice that I have not taken the time to identify all of the misc. parts as of yet. However, there is an Excel file in the parts directory that lists all of the components by name and number. So the "unidentified" parts are not really unidentified. The prices in the "L" column are the prices that Steve Furjesi has quoted for the manufacture of these (metal) parts. I am getting ready to place an order with him and would like to encourage anyone else out there that is in need of these parts to order at the same time as Steve's efforts will be better spent making multiples of these at the same time instead of one and two at a time. If you are one of those that needs any of the composite parts, please contact me off forum SOON by e-mail and I will make the arrangements for you. After I start building this spring, these parts will not be made available for knock off from that point on. I think that Roy might be dead since we haven't heard anything from him for so long now. GHW

Terry Sack
Username: Terrysack

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 04:17 pm:   

Very generous of you, Gary. I hope builders take you up on your offer.

Ted Recker (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 10:51 am:   

Where can rudder push-pull cables bew purchaced?

Thanks to the Express owners at Oshkosh who allowed me to look in, under, and around their planes. It helped meunderstand more than I have from reading and pics.

J Maynard
Username: 118jm

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 07:52 am:   

Gary, do you still have the Horz Stab and Elevators for sale?
please email me if they are available: wingo132@yahoo.com
Thanks
JM

J Maynard
Username: 118jm

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 07:52 am:   

Gary, do you still have the Horz Stab and Elevators for sale?
please email me if they are available: wingo132@yahoo.com
Thanks
JM

Gary H. Wolfelt

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 03:27 pm:   

JM: I don't have any parts for sale. I only have parts that can be used from which to make "knock off" molds. Marshall Whipp can do that for you if you want. Just let me know if that is the direction that you want to go and I will have him contact you to make the arrangement. It would probably be best to just e-mail me directly (off forum) so we don't trash this place up with a bunch of junk postings. My e-mail address is ghw@wolfelt.com GHW

Roger Spencer
Username: Roger

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 05:27 pm:   

Can anyone tell me about the foam fillers that are used to bed the wing spar in the fuselage "saddle"? Where can you get them; what kind/weight of foam they are made of; what is their spanwise dimension (I assume they are form fit into the saddle itself from a vertical and fore and aft dimension once they are bonded to the spar)

Gary H. Wolfelt

Post Number: 42
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 06:39 pm:   

Roger: It isn't foam that is used here. It is G-10 and it is EXPENSIVE stuff. I have purchased these blocks for my kit through Darrell Peterson at the Toledo, WA airport where I am working on my kit every few months for two weeks at a time. As I understand it, after these blocks are bonded in place, they are ground down to create the proper angle of attack for the wing as they are inserted into the fuselage. This very hard (structural) stuff. This is what the wing pins go through to hold things together. I think that Darrell got this stuff from a company called Fiberlay in Seattle, WA. Their phone number is 206-782-0660. Hope that this helps! You might want to consult with the guys that are helping me before you place your order (they do charge for their time as this is a builder's assist center now). They are a BIG help. Darrell's number at the office is: 360-864-6271. His home number is: 360-864-4059. Remember, this is Pacific coast time. So think about what time it is out there before you dial. GHW

ali moghaddas
Username: Amoghadd

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 07:35 am:   

Roger,
you can get G-10 from McMastercarr, http://www.mcmaster.com/ and search for Garolite Grade G-10. Just bear in mind that G-10 is highly abrasive, and it dulls drill bits very quickly.

Ali

Reinhard Metz
Username: Reinhard_metz

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 11:08 am:   

Roger,

I assume you have the instructions - if not, you need to get them: These blocks are NOT ground down to create the angle of attack - they are fillers that distibute the wing load onto the wing securing pins and all of the spar, including caps, so that the spar web is not the only area carrying the load. After they are installed, and the wing is inserted and set to the proper position - angle of attack, sweep, dihedral, and three axis position, the pin holes are drilled through them and the spar and the carrythrough.

Reinhard Metz