Oshkosh 2002 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Oshkosh 2002 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 01:09 pm:   

The following letter was sent out to as many Express Builder/Owners as possible by Reinhard Metz and Dennis Stehlik. I have put up an on-line response form at: http://www.express-builder.com/attend.html for everyone's convience.

Dear Express Owner:

Oshkosh is just around the corner - July 23rd to July 29th!

This is the year to "turn up the heat" on the Express community to enhance enthusiasm and attendance. So - this letter is to invite you, as a builder or flying Express owner to come join in the fun and spirit, and help give the competition a run for their money. Wouldn't it be great to have as many Expresses out there on the line as those Lancair IVs? (And show them what rear seat leg room and comfort in a real 4 seat-er looks like!)

To help matters along, the Express factory is arranging a dinner for the Express Community, including a few enticing "extras":

• Dinner is currently planned to be a pig roast, on the show grounds, Friday night July 26th.

• There will be some fantastic raffle prizes: Two-way Walkie-talkies, Express Aircraft and Aircraft Spruce gift certificates, others to be determined!

• Express T-shirts for all pre-registered attendees

• Cost for dinner, drinks, shirts just $20 per attendee

So, mark your calendar and cancel any conflicts!! Further details will be provided soon. We will also provide information for lodging.

Please fill out the on-line form here to respond by July 1 or contact:

Dennis Stehlik/Reinhard Metz
2014 Greensboro Drive
Wheaton, IL 60187

Thanks! And we hope to see you at Oshkosh!!!

Sincerely,
Reinhard Metz and Dennis Stehlik, for the Express Aircraft Company

wayne norris
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 05:57 am:   

It was nice to finally put a face with your names , and see some more Express', For you builders, get moving! I put 8.1 hours on my plane this trip, dropping the family at Grandma's before OSK and picking them up on the way home. (out of the way that is). The point is all that driving would have been about 28 hours worth. I would have stayed home as driving isn't worth it to me. So the Express will make you time, and you can't beat that. Good luck, Wayne

Phil & Margie Hodge (N410mp)
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 07:30 pm:   

Margie and I thoroughly enjoyed the OSH Express dinner. Atta-boys to everyone involved in setting it up. Count our vote as strongly in favor of that format over a restaurant! See y'all next year, Phil

Gary Markwardt
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 01:52 pm:   

Dennis, Reinhard & Express gang:
Nice job on the dinner. My vote is to do it again the same way. Except next time have all the attendees introduce themselves & say a few words about their Express at the beginning so we can know who all is there. The crowd was so large that it was diffiult to say "Hi" to everyone individually. Gary

Eric Holmberg (Erich)
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 02:05 pm:   

Ditto to the other remarks. Name tags would have been nice, too... Next year, maybe I'll be able to put "flying" for my project status :)

Reinhard Metz
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 03:03 pm:   

It was great to see everyone and we are thrilled at the enthusiasm! The turnout was outstanding - people and planes! I hope we can continue on this tack! It's such a great plane, and there's huge benefit in sharing and getting the word out to the whole kit community.

Thanks!!

Reinhard and Dennis

Brian McKinney (Bmckinney)
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 03:20 pm:   

I had great time meeting and talking to all the Express crowd. For those who didn't make or didn't see all of the Express's in attendance, here's a quick glimpse of what you missed. There were a total of 9 Express's at the show. That's the most I have ever seen at one show.

Oshkosh2002

I overheard many people making great comments
about the Express as they walked past and viewed the "Express Row".

Thanks to all who gave me good tips & fired me up to get moving faster on mine!

Brian
(...hoping for Oshkosh 2007 or 2008, maybe...)

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 05:56 am:   

I want to second all the compliments on the fine work done by Reinhard and Dennis. The dinner and fellowship with other Express builders was great.

One thing I would like to help promote. Instead of just pointing out what we would like to see next year, let's volunteer our help to make it happen. Maybe someone could volunteer to bring name tags, or some other good idea to continue to improve our builders dinner. We can make it as nice as we want. I'll start the process by giving away two propeller balance jobs as door prizes for next year.

Jim Butler

Eric Holmberg (Erich)
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 07:35 am:   

I can make up some name tags :)

jharlow
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 10:18 am:   

Why not plan on a Express group dinner at S-N-F next year in addition to Osh. Two uses for the name tags etc.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:46 am:   

Great ideas!!! Let's do it.

Jim

Rob Jordan
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 02:53 pm:   

I glad you all had fun at osh. Of course some of us had to stay home and work on our expresses. Oh well maybe I'll make sun fun.

Kevin Dennes (Kdennes)
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 06:19 pm:   

It has been great to read everyone's input re EAA Oshkosh 2002. I was there in '99 just before I commenced the building of the Express and would love to meet up with you all at some stage in the future. I am not sure whether it will be at OSK or Sun 'N Fun but I do know one great place that I would love to be the host and offer my services as a free tour guide and that is when you arrive in Sydney as a visitor to this fair city.

I have already had the pleasure of meeting with Mal Parmerlee and John Harlow when they visited here.

Regards.

Kevin (from Downunder)

Eric Holmberg (Erich)
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 06:58 pm:   

Darn, I knew I should have put in an aux. fuel tank!

Hans Georg Schmid (Hgschmid)
Posted on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 12:53 am:   

Kevin,

Be careful with promises - my aircraft will have ample fuel to go (almost) anywhere...

See you hopefully in Austalia also it will still take some years to complete my EXPRESS

HG
www.millenniumflight.com

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 09:57 pm:   

Greetings all.

My son Mark and I are planning to be at EAA Oskosh next month and would very much like to catch up with any Express builders and owners during that week. Is anything planned for a get-together during that time?

It would be too hard for us to organise from here in Australia but would be grateful if anyone will be doing it in the US.

Best regards.

Kevin (from Downunder)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: