Wing Jig Dimensions for 89 CT Model Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Wing Jig Dimensions for 89 CT Model « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Monroe
Username: Copterdoctor45

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:26 pm:   

I received a complete kit last year and I finally have the time to start construction. The templates for the wing jigs are missing so can anyone give me the measurement for the plum bob line to align the jigs to the centerline of the plywood? A single measurement from the RH side of the template facing the front of the jigs would be great.

Thank You
David

Erik Storsteen
Username: Erik_s

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 07:03 am:   

I have the templates that are still on the saw hourses. I can unbolt them and send then to you for the cost of my time and shipping. Call me Erik S. 310-329-1305

David Monroe

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 07:59 am:   

I have the saw horses I just need the dimension to the plum Bob line.

David

Erik Storsteen
Username: Erik_s

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:02 pm:   

I can photograph what I have and you can figure it out. I'm not sure what Dim. your looking for. I would need your email.
Erik

David Monroe

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 02:02 pm:   

Is there a verticle line on the Template for the jigs?

If so this is the line the manual says to hang the plum bob from to align the sawhorse with the centerline on the floor.

This is the line I need the measurement for, from the edge of the template to the line.

David
copterdoctor45@gmail.com

wayne norris
Username: Wayne_n

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 03:19 pm:   

when you place the top skin into the cradle, don't be surprised if they don't match the templates. so you may have to lay sand bags/iron ingots inside to help mold the skins shape while you bond in the ribs. and you will end up taking an "average" as far as the fit goes. computers are great for all the design jazz but in the shop...good luck!

My plane and I thinks some others flies rt wing heavy. all the incidence root /root and tip/tip are the same side to side. but the airfoil is slightly different on each wing, not much we can do about that as once they were molded (at the factory) you can't change them, much.
It's still a great airplane, but that NOT why ours is for sale. when you give up the building fun, call me! cheers, wayne

David Monroe

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:34 pm:   

Wayne,
The ribs were all installed by the previous builder of the plane. I have to replace ribs R and J as they were installed upside down. I also had to replace one of the aileron control rod ends because it was 1" too long, so I had to cut the tube to fit to the proper rigging point.

There are still alot of things left to do in both wings before closing so I want to set them in the jigs while working on them. Plus, they will need to be in the jigs when I get ready to close.

Erik sent me the dimensions I needed for jigs one through three but did not have the dimension for jig 4, so I still need that one if you would happen know what it is.

David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: