Oxygen Tanks Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Oxygen Tanks « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 08:08 pm:   

The following message was posted for Louie Lacy

Does anyone know the requirement to have Oxygen tanks inspected.I think it
is every 5 years but am not sure Also where can I get this done and how much
does it cost?

llacy@netease.net

Eric Holmberg (Erich)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 08:14 pm:   

Hi Tom,

I don't know the inspection details, but I have a few questions about an O2 installation in the Express.

Does anybody have some pictures of their installation and which kit the used? I took some pictures of a plane under construction in Olympia where the O2 mounting brackets were in place, but none of the plumbing was in place. What kind of mounts are used, just very large pipe clamps? Are there any recommendations on the install? Does anybody have system recommendations?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Holmberg (Erich)
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 02:12 pm:   

Just an update... After looking through all of the systems at Oshkosh, I was blown away by the various systems offered by Mountain High. Of course, I went for the most expensive equipment they had because after choosing what I wanted, the guy said it would be about $10k :P So, I will kick it down a notch and go for a simpler system with a control-panel mounted unit (the same one as the turbine panel shown at the Express booth at Oshkosh). Anyone else interested can check out their web site at: http://www.mhoxygen.com/

Happy building!

-Eric

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: