Archive through January 05, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Test Flight » Archive through January 05, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phil & Margie Hodge (N410mp)
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 04:20 pm:   

Tom -

You usually can't get much for a partially completed kit. Probably about 3/4 of the value
of the parts with nothing for your labor. If you complete and fly it you'll probably get your money investment back, but still not much for labor. So it depends whether you want the airplane or not. If you do, call Express Aircraft 360-352-0560 and Larry will be happy to help you figure out what you're lacking and sell it to you.

Phil

Terry Sack (Terrair)
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 - 07:47 am:   

Louie and Phil, thanks for continuing to share your experiences.

Louie, your description of flight matches alomost identically with the experience I had with my Cherokee 235. Just enough elevator to keep the nose off to let the mains touch down first. Limited trim authority at lower speeds (the Cherokee 235 could fly about 90mph before trim authority was limited being draggy and all). Not too much elevator yoke force at all, and very pleasant handling with any weight in the back seats or the baggage area. Characteristics I lived with very well.

Phil, I envy the grin you must have right now!

Keep the posts coming. Thanks, Terry

wayne Norris
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 07:21 pm:   

There is a new Express flying. 220NX the first customer home built EX2K. June 14 at 1400. From Norris Field. I will post some pix Saturday. The flt went well with some low oil pressure , but I fixed it to fly an hour more. Landed back at Norris Fld just before a storm blew in. 39 more hours to go.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 07:56 pm:   

Congratulations Wayne! Hopefully the low oil pressure will be the only squak you'll have to fix (there's always seems to be at least 1 bug to chase). Enjoy the next 39.. then the real fun begins. Congrat's again!

- Chris Michalak
superpilot@aol.com

Kevin Dennes (Kdennes)
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 04:33 am:   

Congratulations Wayne. Great to hear of your success. I look forward to the day when I can see my labours take to the air successfully. Safe and enjoyable flying buddy, from Kevin (Downunder).

Robert Jordan
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 09:57 am:   

Glad to hear it wayne. Hope you have a completely trouble free 39 hours with many more to follow. I hope we are only 5 months or so behind you in N363RJ.

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:15 am:   

Greetings all and a happy Christmas and a wonderful 2005.

We are about to commence flight testing of our 2000. It has taken a long time to get to this point but it is exciting to think we are now about to see our bird fly. We had it weighed last Friday and we are informed that it should get into the air!!!

Could someone tell me of a URL where I can find a good flight test schedule please. I attempted one from Tom Hutch which he posted way back in 2000 but it looks as though it is not available now.

Regards.

Kevin (from Downunder)

Brynjar Thordarson
Username: Benny

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 06:09 am:   

Try FAA Advisory Circular 90-89A. You'll find it on the FAA homepage.
Rgds.

Reinhard Metz
Username: Reinhard_metz

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 07:49 am:   

I put a first flight checklist and data gathering form that I used on my website, if it is useful to you:

http://www.a-and-t-labs.com/n49ex/n49ex_home_page.htm

Reinhard Metz

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 03:57 am:   

Benny and Reinhard; thank you for your info. I have been out of cirulation for a couple of weeks, hence the slow response.

I am interested to know if anyone has done any accellerated stalls, incipient or full spins in an Ex2000. If you have I would be most interested to know how the aircraft responded to recovery techniques. I have done normal stalls and it was a very tame experience.

I would also be interested in some of your performance figures. Most importantly would be the stall speeds in the clean configuration and also at various flap positions.

Regards

Kevin (from Downunder)