Capacitive fuel gauge Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Capacitive fuel gauge « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jorge baccaro
Username: Jabaccaro

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 08:39 am:   

Hello
I have problem with my fuel gauge. The trade mark that I can see over the senders is UR.
Plane is repearing so I can put fuel in the tank and I want to test if the sensors are o.k.
Do you know how to do that? I saw a special instrument but is expennsive and I need for using only once.
Also in Aircraftspruce there is SKYSPORTS systems, but I don't know if I can replace the sensor, because in my pannel, I have one clock with two needles, and a switch for selecting principal or auxiliary tanks.
Thanks.

Al Kittleson
Username: Al38kit

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 01:40 pm:   

Jorge,
That's a tough one with limited info. There are three types of these gauges that I know of. They all have the black round "hockey puck" top and 1/4" al tubing.

SOME are 0-5 VDC output. You would just need to apply 14V to the Red and Black and check the output between the Black and yellow/orange etc...If you have the actual gauge, you can check if it's just a 0-5V indicator.

I hope this helps.

Al

Joel Pressly
Username: Jpressly

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 06:14 am:   

Jorge,

When I worked for Express, we had a problem with the sensor that was fixed by running a separate ground from the sender to the negative terminal of the battery. You might try this first.

Joel

jorge baccaro

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 03:16 pm:   

Hello Al and Joel
my questions if can I test the sender without fuel, only with air. Because the wing is bein reaparing and now is not possible to fill the tank.
I was thinking in connect a tube to the end of the probe and fill with gas and see what happen, but in one tank (principal) I can`t reach the tip.
Could be simulate the presence of gas with some trick? induce some chance in capacitive values?

jorge baccaro

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 06:44 am:   

Hello
I have another problem, and also is so far, with difficulties for getting supplies.
That´s bacause I´m trying to use the old one.
When I was removing from broken wing, I cut the aluminum probe, the outer and inner tubes, but less that one half, my questios is if it still an work propertly?
Also if I could use another probe with the same black round "hockey puck" (sender)? only considering the lenghts.

Darrell M Peterson
Username: Darrell

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 07:53 pm:   

Jorge Baccaro, We have the fuel probes you need in our stock,Give us a call at the Express Factory.Regards
Darrell M Peterson

Jimmie Kevin Alderman
Username: Vikingpilot

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 06:05 am:   

I am completing my wings and need a wiring diagram for the capacitive fuel sending units. My senders have a thread in bung with a red shielded cable sticking out of the end. Inside this wire is a red, black and white wire. The bung is stamped with the number 183. I have no additional information on the senders since I am the 4th owner of the kit.
Any information would be appreciated.

Rob Jordan
Username: Rob_jordan

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 06:17 pm:   

What brand are they. If sky sport it is likely wired as this

Red - 12volts positive

Black - ground

White - this puts out 0 - 5 volts depending on amount of fuel.

RJ

Jimmie Kevin Alderman
Username: Vikingpilot

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 05:27 am:   

I have no idea of the brand, and the only marks I see is the number 183. The sky sport documentation I find show a sensor with the standard mount- i.e. plastic round puck with calibration adjustments. Mine are 1" NPT pipe threaded into an adapter mounted in my tank, with a single wire sticking out of the middle with the other wires inside. I tried unscrewing the sender so that I could get a better look at it, but it is really tight, and I dont want to risk breaking the mount loose in the rib.

Werner Maag, CH8174 Stadel, Switzerland
Username: Wmaag

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 02:06 pm:   

I have Vision Micro senders, they have red, white and black. These wires should be lengthened with shielded cables to the Vision Micro (today JPI) IO board or the new JPI DPU connectors. W.Maag

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: