Interior finish Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Interior finish « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

wayne norris
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 12:06 pm:   

I am starting to get the inside of our plane finished and have posted a few new picture in the gallery. OSH inspired me to get on it and gave me some ideas, so it was worth the trip.

Andy Fawcett (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 08:46 pm:   

What material do people use for upholstery panels? Where can it be obtained?
Andy

wayne (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 05:40 am:   

I got mine from an auto upholstery shop, just vinel and the 1/4" backing foam is "landow top" foam. use 3M spray contact cement. I used 1/2" black dense foam (I think it is for trunk linings) under the carpet for insulation. Check out my pictures in the gallery.
I do not worry about FAA fire ratings, if you are in a burning airplane, plastic fumes are the least of your worries, shouldn't be smoking so where/ how is a fire going to get started in the carpet? Gas maybe? so you are toast no matter.

Andy Fawcett (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 06:59 am:   

thanks Wayne
I have been flying mine around with bare fiberglass interior for a year or so now. Did you glue the foam-backed vinyl directly to the sides? My plane is quite loud inside & i had been thinking of using upholstered panels with sound absorbing foam sandwiched in-between. I would also have some unsightly wiring/ airduct seams, etc. How did you deal with that? Thanks again for the info - AndyF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: