Archive through March 22, 2001 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Builder Locations? » Archive through March 22, 2001 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

DW Taylor (Trocar)
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 02:06 pm:   

Subject: considering purchase of N33BE s/n 100298 in Fla.

I'm in Missouri & considering N33BE @ Global Aviation Group - Naples, FL....
anychance there's someone fairly close by willing to assist with a
prepurch insp. if I get to that point? (I would expect to pay all reasonable
expense costs associated)... * I've submitted a list of questions to the
broker & am awaiting answer - please feel free to suggest questions I should
ask & in case I've not already submitted similar I'll do so... * does
anybody have any knowledge of this plane they'd care to share w/me.... you
can post a reply to the forum -or- me privately @

Thanks - Dave Taylor

Any tips for insurance carrier(s) would also be much appreciated. I'm
awaiting a quote now from my present carrier. FWIW, I have 15 yrs exp. -
none in type - & have owned & driven Cherokees; Tigers & Cardinals. Approx
1200TT w/250 retract.

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 02:18 pm:   

Oops! I posted the previous message for Dave since he was experiencing difficulty with posting. I managed to leave off his e-mail address. You can click on his name at the top of the post for his profile that has his e-mail address or directly to ShowMe177RG@Hotmail.com

Tom

Steve Bussey
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 03:48 pm:   

Dave,

I live in central Florida, and may be able to help you out. I get down that way on occassion, and am always ready to look at an Express. I am still building mine.

Steve

John Harlow (Jharlow)
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 04:10 pm:   

Dave Taylor,
I would be happy to help you with a prepurchase insp. What information can you supply about the A/C in question.
My express is flying and I can easly go to Naples from my home base of Okeechobee, Fl. (less than an hours flight)
John

DW Taylor (Trocar)
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2000 - 11:27 am:   

This is a follow-up aimed at John Harlow & Steve Bussey.... would you guys please send me a note to my email ShowMe177RG@Hotmail.com & I'll send you some info re: N33BE & elaborate on some questions; concerns, etc.... Maybe your email is already posted via this forum - but I've not been here long enuf to 'navigate' it & find it....

Thanks - Dave Taylor

DW Taylor (Trocar)
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 07:01 am:   

Depending upon replies to submitted questions to the broker & a return on the insurance quote - I'm presently contemplating doing a prepurch. insp. on N33BE (a '95 Wheeler Express sn #100298) offered via Global @ Naples, FL. Its ad can be viewed at: http://www.aso.com/ad/45615/

I'm getting some much-appreciated feedback from Express afficianados to be watchful re: Tail Blanking. Would some "in the know" take a look-see at this ad & give me your opinion(s) as to whether or not N33BE has the smaller rr stabilator condusive to tail blanking. Also, what are the "fixes -or- mods" for such & approx. downtime, cost, etc. You can reply here -or- privately to me @ ShowMe177RG@Hotmail.com to keep the clutter off this forum. Any & all replies treated confidentially & very much appreciated.

As a side note, my present ins. carrier 'Aircraft & Marine' won't touch a Wheeler - no reason given. Makes me wonder about 'tail blanking.' I've submitted a online quote request from Avemco. I'm anxious to see what comes back...... Dave Taylor

Steve Bussey
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 06:17 am:   

Dave,

the tail blanking was discussed in the CAFE test in the Feb 1998 issue of Sport Aviation. I can send you a copy if you can not find one.

There are a number of Express flying with the original CT tail.

Steve

DW Taylor (Trocar)
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2001 - 04:33 pm:   

long time, no cyber.... haven't visited this forum in a long time.. I never did rec' a reply from Global Aviation @ Naples re: their Express for sale.... I made 2 subsequent follow-ups & still no reply...
I made a trip to FL in January; took a day & a half transition training @ the Velocity factory in Sebastain & bought & flew back a gorgeous, factory-built velocity. I didn't mind averaging 150+ kts (most of the time close to 170 kts @ 8 gph) I enjoyed the few 'contacts' I had w/members here & feel I would've enjoyed that Express - but, guess it wasn't meant to be... I'm gonna try & remove myself from your mailing list after I post this.... cya - Dave Taylor

Bill Copeland
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2001 - 08:05 pm:   

Hey Dave:

We'll all wave as we go by and save you a seat in the restaurant.
To the rest of the EXPRESS builder family: Congratulations on your attempt to help. Fortunately it seems to be the norm.
Keep on EXPRESSing yourselves!!

Bill C
(happy with a "tail blanker")

Hans Georg Schmid (Hgschmid)
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 10:43 am:   

Well - as from two days ago there is a new builder of an EXPRESS 2000 in Switzerland!
I just came back from a visit at the Express Aircraft Factory where I signed the contract. Chris Michalak answered all my questions and took all the time I needed to show me around.
I am glad to become a member of the EXPRESS family and of course once I know a little more I shall be ready to help as well.

HG Schmid
www.millenniumflight.com

Brynjar Thordarson (Benny)
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 02:24 am:   

I'd like to have a list of builders in Europe. We sure could be of assistance to each other. We could form an "EXPRESS EUROPE" club. I, for an example, have the unique chance to travel to Seattle when I want and could be of great help to the European builders. Keep in touch!!!

Werner Maag
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 09:15 am:   

To Brynjar Thordarson

Hi Benny,
this seems to be a good idea, so my adress is:

Werner Maag
24 Brunnacherstr.
CH8174 Switzerland
ph 0041 1 858 1234
fx 0041 1 858 0425

I fly for Swissair, MD11, but hardly get to Seattle, only Lax and Sfo in the west of USA.

best regards Werner

Sven-Ake Eriksson (Sven)
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 12:02 pm:   

Brynjar
Sounds like a good idea. I know of two more european kit owner/builders. Andre Goepfert in France and another one here in Sweden that has a partial kit but he is not actively doing anything on it since many years.

My adress:

Sven Eriksson
Foretagshuset
79360 Siljansnas
Sweden

Tel: work +46 247 23350
home 247 23279
fax 247 23060
e-mail se@ebox.tninet.se

Werner Maag
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 04:49 am: