Express Builders Workshop Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Builders Workshop « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Copeland
Posted on Saturday, October 02, 1999 - 08:53 pm:   

I have been discussing the possibility of traveling to the East Coast (VA) for the purpose of getting a builder started with some basic techniques and advice based on CBROS experience in constructing our Express CT. I expect that we could pass on everything we know in two or three days and am wondering if there are other builders in the area who might be interested in attending such an intensive workshop lasting two or three days in the vicinity of Richmond, VA. If anyone is interested I will see if we could arrange a suitable venue and schedule for a minimum cost, sometime in November or early December.
Let me know at: bnbent@pacbell.net - the sooner the better.

Bill Copeland
CBROS

Bill Copeland
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 06:06 am:   

With reference to the above message, I am again planning to be in the area of Richmond, Va this time during the period of June 18 thru the 27th. We will be working on Jim Lewis' Auriga.
Builders are welcome to attend any or all days.
Call Jim at (804)457-9135 if you're interested.

Isn't it great how many new EXPRESS'S are flying?
Keep on laminat'in!

Bill C

LOUIE LACY (Llacy)
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 06:06 am:   

Anyone know of a turbo installation in an Express. I know Doug McMillian was installing one but never heard if it was completed. I would like to have a picture of the installation if someone has one. I have an Aztec engine IO-540C4B5
Lou

Bill Copeland
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 06:54 am:   

Louie:

You're right, The McMillan Express has a turbo 540 installed, which was put together by Larry Olsen. The airplane has not been finished, but is still for sale here in No. Cal.
The engine was run in a test cell and is currently hanging on the airframe.
I will try to locate a pic for you. If all else fails, I have a video tape of the installation that may be of some help.

Bill C

Jay Villalva
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 11:09 am:   

The factory is currently installing a very clean looking twin turbo arrangement along with the development of the RG engine mount - looks way cool!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: