Concensus on short field ops?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Concensus on short field ops?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 08:20 am:   

Hello,
New guy here wondering what the concensus is on short field ops (2400' grass in the trees). I've never flown an Express but I've always liked what I've seen in them. I'm looking at a '93 with an IO-360-200HP CS prop. I would appreciate any input in this forum and would also like to talk to those who wouldn't mind answering a number of questions over the phone. If you care to, leave me your number via my email. Thanks!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phil & Margie Hodge
Username: N410mp

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 07:18 pm:   

Gary - My CT Express has an IO500 with the 4 blade MT prop. Departure from my 1900' grass strip is a piece of cake, even with a couple of people, full fuel, and long grass. Landing takes practice. Lots and lots of practice! After a year practicing on long strips, and another year landing here at home, I can usually do it without giving me or my passengers heart attacks. Usually. She is so fast, and so slippery, she really doesn't want to slow down, and loves to float if I'm even 1 knot too fast. I think an Angle-of-Attack indicator is on my Christmas list.

Feel free to call anytime to discuss a GREAT airplane. 423-365-4684

Phil

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: