Archive through October 12, 2003 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Allyn Roe » Archive through October 12, 2003 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Allyn Roe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 09:35 pm:   

In a decision made today by the newly formed BOD I was terminated, from a company that I have devoted my heart and soul into, for reasons that are still a little unclear to me. I have many relationships with you builders that I don’t feel is appropriate to leave hanging. I know some of you will want to contact me, so this is why I am posting this. You are welcome to contact me with the numbers below.

360-978-4748 (Home)
360-556-1965 (Cell)
allynroe@hotmail.com

Best regards,
Allyn Roe
FMR General Manager
Express Aircraft Co., LLC.

Tom R. Hutchison
Username: Tomhutch

Post Number: 129
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 07:26 am:   

Allyn,

I am sorry hear you are no longer with Express. I appreciate all the work you have done for us builders. Good luck in finding a position with another company.

Does anyone know who the new Board of Directors are?

Tom

rvz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:27 am:   

And so it begins...

This is exactly why another builder and myself who have 3/5's kits have been hesitant to plop down the combined $15K deposit on $30K plus worth of parts, and then cross our fingers hoping the company holds together, after Larry's parting.

Allyn and I got off to a somewhat bumpy start, and since then he's been nothing but helpful and quick to respond to our emails. On more than one occasion I've sent email in the middle of the night, on a weekend, knowing I'd not receive an answer until at least Monday. A few hours later Allyn would reply.

Some might say it's none of our business how EAC runs their business. Normally I'd agree. However, as a business owner myself, and one who is considering spending a large sum of money with EAC, my advice to them is to start offering a bit more insight into what's going on at EAC, starting with an 'official' (and honest) explanation of why Allyn was terminated. I wasn't particularly impressed by the way they handled the announcement of Larry's death, IE no mention of it whatsoever on their website. It may have been better for business to keep it quiet, but if I was a potential customer just out kicking tires, I'd damned sure want to know about an event such as the factory demonstrator going down, unpleasant as it may be for them to discuss. I think EAC is doing itself more damage than good with these happy-face policies.

Bob

Terry Sack
Username: Terrysack

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:56 am:   

Allyn, you have been a great help to me during the construction period of my Express. I'm with Tom in wishing you success in the continuation of your aviation career. Please continue to keep in touch with us. We will value your participation. Terry

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 12:34 pm:   

Have to agree with Bob - Allyn has been very helpful to me in my search of a project plane for for and my son. While I have not yet put down a deposit, working with Allyn has (had?) helped me to make the decision to go with EAC and the Express.

However, I fear that I will now have to wait to see what happens - there is just too much *not* being said/told at the moment....

Jim

Kevin Echols
Username: Kmechols

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 02:56 pm:   

I'm very sorry to hear this Allyn. As a potential buyer I was very pleased with the help you have given us, and with the feeling of continuity after Larry's passing.

I too am having mixed feeling about EAC, and will probably hold off on a purchase decision until I feel that EAC will be around for the duration.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

-Kevin

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 49
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:30 pm:   

So who is on the new board for Express?

Brian

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:17 am:   

I have had correspondence With Ted Gaston in the past week and he has confirmed with me that the BOD is made up of Paul Fagerstrom, Jim Butler (Managing Director) and Dave Hoag. Ted is now Production Manager. As far as I know, this is not secret information and if it is then I apologise in advance. I am sure that if there is any variation to this that Ted will make a correction on this site.
Kevin (from Downunder)

Gary Malin
Username: Nitroxgm

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   

Allyn, I am very disappointed to see you are no longer with Express and gives me great apprehension about the future of my A/C in the assist program. If I can be of any assistance- do not hesitate to call, GARY

John Harlow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 03:29 pm:   

As an original Wheeler buyer and one of the first 7 of the Auriga group, I would like to say THANK YOU Paul Fagerstrom. Yes Larry was a key person to Express but without Paul this company would not exist. Paul is a very keen businessman and it is his money at risk for the most part. There are some very good people working for Express that still remain and what occured with Allyn is not our business but a decision made by people who have more insight then we have. I also wish Allyn the best and have lots of faith that Express will continue to be there for us.

John