Completed Express wanted to buy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Completed Express wanted to buy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 08:16 am:   

A friend of mine is loking for a completed, signed off, flying Express to buy. If anyone knows of such a plane please email me at bob@wheelerexpress.com.

Thanks,
Bob

PS Does anyone know how to contact Dick Lind? I heard his plane was for sale.

Michael Jastrzebski
Username: Michal

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 09:10 am:   

I would be curious to know what is a market price for such a thing ....

Assuming your total out of pocket expenses were XXX and you put in YYY so many hours of your own labor how much you can sell for.

Michael J.

Eric Holmberg
Username: Erich

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 09:20 am:   

Probably follows this equation:

Sale Price << (XXX + YYY)

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 09:55 pm:   

Dick Linds airplane sold recently for $130,000.

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 11:28 am:   

The owner who sold me a partially completed kit sold his FT (1998 version) on Ebay for $90K. That was with a fair interior (not worn, just very basic), KX-170's, IO-540-C4B5 with 170 SMOH (certified), three blade Hartzell, and a very nice exterior. I'm preparing to deliver it for him since he lost his medical. His CT version (he's built 9 total aircraft including the second Lancair IV flying) sold on Ebay for $100K, but that was a fraudulent buyer and the deal fell through. He's holding off selling that one until next year for tax purposes. It's a CT with an TIO-360 sans turbo (runs AUTOGAS), MK-12D's, OK/plain interior, 170 hours, and excellent paint. The Gisburne Express was for sale last Feb/March. Don't know the final price, but the minimum 'sealed' bid amount was $125K. And while I know there are folks that will 'finish' the project for you for a price, building a plane with the intention of selling it (for a profit) would seem to contradict the FAA restriction that your experimental plane be built for recreational or educational purposes. Of course, no one that I know of can read your mind when you change from educational purposes to making a profit...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: