Archive through March 19, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » General Questions » Archive through March 19, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 10:58 pm:   

Allyn. Thank you for the clarification of the EAC policy on producing a POH. Your recommendation regarding the Cirrus POH is excellent. I have had a brief loook at it and it certainly is a good model for any of us to work on. For everyone's information the web site is :-http://www.cirrusdesign.com/serviceandupgrades/pilotoperators/index.html
It would always be a big job to tailor someone else's POH to one's individual aircraft even if it was done for the Express.

Thanks again.

Kevin (from Downunder)

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:07 pm:   

Gotta love those 'Supplements' - save some time copying the different manuals if/when you add those to your own panel..

Great recommendation Allyn

Jim

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:07 am:   

Has anyone used Rosen Sun Visors in their Express? I was flying in a Baron today which had these fitted and I was most impressed with them during an approach to land into late afternoon sun. If anyone has used them would you mind advising me as to which model you used please?
Regards.
Kevin (from Downunder)

Reinhard Metz
Username: Reinhard_metz

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:51 am:   

I have a (silly) general question for folks with flying Express's: How do you usually identify yourself at tower controlled airports? I genarlly just call in as "Experimental 49EX ...". do others include the make, i.e."Express experimental N...", or what?

Cheers,
Reinhard

Allyn Roe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:18 am:   

We say "Experimental 511EA" as part of the rules to identify yourself as an experimental. It does sound better just saying Express; more like them certified guys.

JD
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:25 pm:   

The FAR's indicate the required use of "Experimental (enter your n-number here)". However, expecially with high performance aircraft, it's helpful to indicate the make to give controllers some idea of your speed/performance characteristics for their planning. TRACON's & ARTCC's may inquire more often about this, but some tower folk will do it too, especially at high volume fields.

- JD

GMark
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:35 pm:   

I usually call Experimental Express N713GM. Controllers often ask what kind of plane it is anyway to get an idea of the speed, so it is easier to use the name (also avoids confusion with Lancair).

Reinhard Metz

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:16 am:   

Or confusion with Cirrus - most common for me!

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:16 am:   

I've searched the archives and maybe missed the answer, so I'll ask. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of a plane cabin cover for the Express? I haven't asked Ground Tech (planecover.com) or Bruce's Custom Covers yet, but will. Thought I'd ask the forum as I'm certain I'm not the only person in an area where hangar space is almost as scarce as common sense in the application of FAA rules to certified aircraft. The wait list around here is over 2 years and the cost exceeds $225/mo...and rising. Look forward to a vector.

Chuck

Reinhard Metz

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:42 am:   

Bruce's Custom Covers will do a very nice Express cover. I have one from them for when I travel.