Archive through June 25, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » General Questions » Archive through June 25, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Dingbaum
Username: Aviators

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 07:47 pm:   

Does anyone know what part 112-12-019 is made of? Is it 5lb foam? 40lb foam? It is a "Lower engine support block". There are 2 of them, it looks like like they butt up against each other at the centerline. It looks like they fill the void between the lower part of the firewall and the nosegear support tower.

Also need to know what 112-24-029 "Elevator torque tube support" is as well.

My kit is missing these items and I need to find out or see if Express still carries them.

Thanks,
Jeff

Bob Henderson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:53 am:   

Gentlemen: I'm ready to fit my wings. The Q10 blocks will be at an angle on the outboard wing strut, accorging to the instructions. the out board carry thru lower hole is also offset. Just making sure I'm doing it right. Am I? The pictures show the blocks standing perpendicular to the wing strut. This may be a stupid question but I want to make sure. Thankyou for your help.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 10:34 am:   

does anyone have 3-view drawings of the Express FT
suitable for FAA?
thanks

Allyn Roe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:28 am:   

I just uploaded one. www.express-aircraft.com/threeview.pdf

I have all the other forms if you are interested for the airworthiness inspection.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 07:03 pm:   

Bob, I just completed installation of the main spar G-10/40#-foam blocks. The inboard blocks line up with spar inboard end and the outboard blocks are angled so that they will be centered at the desired pin locations.

Any body willing to loan out the necessary tools to ream the carry-thru pin holes? I currently have 9/16" holes drill with temporary pins installed.

Jerry Sjostrand
Username: Jerry

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 08:53 pm:   

Mr. Anonymous! Why don't you register so we can know who you are and respond accordingly.

Bob
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 04:27 am:   

Thanks Anonymous. I thought that was correct, but I'm not any kind of engineer, so I thought I would ask. Thanks again. Bob

Jay Villalva
Username: Jay

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 10:18 pm:   

Mr. Anonymous, in this case, is actually already registerd and looking for the secret location of his password. I finally took the time to find enough information to get a new password - thanks for the push Jerry.
Still looking for a hook-up on the reaming tool!

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 06:06 am:   

Jay,

Don't know if you require a specific reaming tool, as that operation was done before I acquired my project. Here's a source of various tools and aircraft parts you might check:

AeroSource
PO Box 5033
Navarre, FL 32566
(850) 936-4120

They just started selling on Ebay and have a TON of used tools and parts. The guy buys threaded bits, countersinks, egg-cup drill guides, etc., by the 5-gal pail and/or by the pound. I just got a NOS 6-cyl harness from him--box came with the stand-offs and even a warranty card. He had a selection of reaming tools, too. His shop is near my house, so I went by it--shelves upon shelves of stuff (though most is for sheet-metal construction).

Don't know if they can help you, but worth a shot.

Chuck

wayne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 11:36 am:   

why yes I have something that might work, and will loan it out IF you are ready to do the job soon. let me know. Drill jig as seen in the gallery sec. and 3/4" ream, as you don't want to just drill a 3/4"hole and pound the rods in.
this is a major part in putting your plane together and I recommend only putting the wing pins in once,so have your plane at the airport. (or back yard if you're lucky)