N900EH Gets Airworthiness Inspection Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » N900EH Gets Airworthiness Inspection « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

C.B. Hitchens
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:26 pm:   

Olympia, WA. Oct. 23, 2004. N900EH owned by C.B. Hitchens passed its airworthiness inspection. The aircraft was scheduled for the inspection the end of Sept. before EAC shut down. Bruce contracted with Mike Barney and Bill Oberrecht to finish getting the plane ready for inspection. Allyn Roe assisted in finishing the paper work.
I ran the engine for the first time about 90 minutes before the inspection. The only problem noted was no tach reading and the right side door popped open and would not stay shut.
The flap motor was burnt out and needs to be rewired and the trim motors need to be wired up.
The DAR said to fix those 2 problems before flying.
Since an insurance company is waiting for the EAC to be sold before issuing an insurance policy, I have plenty of time to fix the problems. Hopefully another Express will be flying in the near future.

C.B. Hithens

Jim Butler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:57 pm:   

Congratulations!

Jim

CBROS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 09:47 pm:   

C.B.:
Who says persistence doesn't pay??? For all you other builders out there - keep laminat'in!!
Add my congrats to Jim's.
Bill C

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 07:20 am:   

C.B.

Congrats on passing the inspection. That's a big achievement of which you should be extremely proud. I described my DAR inspection for my Dale Carnegie class last night--it's one of my fondest achievements. I'm sure yours is for you, as well. Keep us posted on when the champaigne flows!

Chuck
N336FS

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: