Wings & Elevator Removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Composite Construction » Wings & Elevator Removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chaz King
Username: Chazking

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 05:35 am:   

All,

I need to transport my plane from one location to another; it's not flyable @ the moment.

I have information on removal of the wings from the Express, which is removing four pins from the joined spars behind the pilot / copilot seats. And, gently pulling the wing from the fuselage.

However, the elevator appears to be 10' wide & will need to be removed for OTR transportation. Any ideas on elevator removal are welcomed. (it's an Auriga tail that replaced the cruciform configuration).

Lastly, do the mains need to be removed before the wings are removed from the fuselage?

Regards,

Chäz
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Al Kittleson
Username: Al38kit

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 12:35 pm:   

Regarding the overall width...

I put mine on a trailer and canted the entire fuselage about 30 degrees (roll). It was still
over width, but didn't look too bad, so I left with it...I drove 1300 miles that way.

My advice is to forget about the width. It's easier to ask forgiveness.

Good luck getting the eight pins out. I had to make a driver to get them to move.

You can leave the main gear on, but it's a pain to move that way. I would suggest taking it off.

Al

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: