The New Express company owner Darrell... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Classifieds » The New Express company owner Darrell Peterson « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darrell Peterson
Username: Darrell_p

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 02:24 pm:   

COMPOSITE AIRCRAFT TECHNOLGY, LLC

Attention: EXPRESS Aircraft Builders

Please be advised that our company has just purchased all of the assets of the Express Aircraft Company in Olympia, Washington, through a Bankruptcy Court.

The First order of business will be to move the Molds and Tooling to Toledo, WA. We will begin to produce fiberglass parts for those who order them, within the first three to four weeks, and we will try to assist builders to find all other parts to complete their projects.

We have also started Builder’s Assist program in our shop here in Toledo, WA, to provide assistance in helping others to complete their projects. At the present time, we have one 2000-RG in our shop, and we anticipate the first flight will be in October. We also have another 2000-FT project underway.

Our Shop rate will be lower than previously charged at the Express Company.

For further information, please contact Darrell Peterson at our office or by E-mail
360-864-6271 or Cell # 360-388-1190
darrellpeterson@compairtechllc.com

You can visit our website, Composite Aircraft Technology LLC at
www.compairtechllc.com

Sincerely;
Darrell Peterson
President
Composite Aircraft Technology LLC }

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 08:30 pm:   

Darrell,

Whilst my plane is finished, I'm very happy to see this development. For the past two years, I've wondered if we'd ever see new kits. I can't speak for those awaiting parts, but this would seem to be the best news we've had here in a good long while. It should help all of us, if for no other reason than to inject some confidence amongst our insurance underwriters.

Best wishes for a successful business venture!

Charles
N366FS

John L. Pels
Username: Jpels

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 06:51 am:   

Darrell, can you get us up to speed about how all of this came about? Enquiring minds want to know. All the best,
John Pels

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 102
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 08:05 pm:   

Great to hear the Express has been revived. Good luck to the new company!

Brian

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 01:21 pm:   

Ditto on wanting to know just what happened here....

Joe Chisolm
Username: Jchisolm

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 03:33 pm:   

So did Exosphere never really have the assets or what? Or did the Express / Exosphere go bankrupt and some how emerge as Bede / Exosphere? Or maybe Exosphere never really got Express Aircraft out of bankrupcy.

Anyway - Good Luck Darrell, and please dont go re-engineering everything for the Nth time. Make and sell kits and supply parts. And it would be REALLY nice if you could somehow make the various templates (wind saddles, tail, wing AIO, etc) available online or somehow.

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 08:55 pm:   

Hi Jim,

Go back and re-read an earlier post: Auction Info from Gary W.

I assume the auction was finally held and Darrell's company was the high biddder. Sounds like they have considerable Express experience and are going to revive the kit. That's good news for all of us - builders and flyers...

Brian

Jason Day
Username: Jday

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 08:16 pm:   

Hello All;

Thank our "luck stars" that the Express Aircraft is on its way back. I can say that my knowledge of Darrell Peterson is that he has the resources, people, the right plan, and attitude to advance the Express Aircraft kit forward. Lets give him all our support!!

I would like to offer some history.

Bypassing the “nitty gritty” details, if you follow the discussions of “Express Aircraft LLC out of Business” and “Express Aircraft purchased”, in particular the comments from Gary Wolfelt, you will get a good background on the many efforts to put together a plaintiffs group. From the beginning everyone hoped that that the purchase of Express Aircraft by Exosphere Aircraft/Barry Henthorn would potentially fill the back order of parts and lead to a stable kit company moving into the future. Some people had doubts. It has been a long trail, much effort and cost to give the Express Aircraft life again. (over three years)

9/15/2004 Roy Davis and Nancy Moon announce... “out of business”
9/15/2004 – 12/12/2004 Many memos by Gary Wolfelt inviting any to join discussions of a potential law suit. Three needed to force Bankruptcy.
9/15/04- 7/5/05 Much talk about potential buyers. No results.
7/5/2005 Announced: Exosphere Aircraft purchased Express Aircraft. (1% info and 99%“gobledyguck”)
7/2005 Express Meeting at Oshkosh. Despite the lack of any real information to validate Exosphere Aircraft, the group decided to give Barry Henthorn/Exosphere time to show good intent.
4/2006 Meeting at Sun& Fun: After nine months of no progress, web site closing, no return on calls or emails….ETC…. Exosphere was looking more like a delay tactic rather than a reorganization. A group was then formed to start legal action.
12/6/06 Judgment against Exosphere/Express/Barry Henthorn awarded to Plaintiff group Darrell Peterson; Garlin Gentry; Gary Wolfelt; Jason Day; Martin van den Broek , and Toon Beakman (contributions from J. McKibbon, and M. Bryne)
4/5/07 After many months of pursuit in collection. The Demo Aircraft and the assets in the hanger were seize by the court.
Exosphere/Barry Henthorn was finally “cornered” and forced into a sheriff’s sale. 4/5/2007 Express filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and the Sheriff’s sale was cancelled. (Partial mission accomplished)

Gary Wolfelt, Darrell Peterson, Garlin Gentry then continued their pursuit of Barry Henthorn /Exosphere/Express with more legal expenses in Bankruptcy Court. (over $300/hr) WOW!!

6/2007 Exosphere request for chapter 11 reorganization of Express aircraft was “Thrown out of Court” …..See Gary Wolfelt memo on 6/10/07 (tape of proceedings)(very entertaining). Exosphere could not show any intent, or provide any valid plan to fill back orders, or produce aircraft kits. Nothing in the Hanger had moved since 9/15/2004. Intent appears to be to sell the assets “out the back door” and disappear. Express was put into Chapter 7 liquidation. This was very satisfying to hear. Justice is expensive to obtain, and then it is “slippery soap” to collect!!

All listed claimants and debtors were notified. Early Sept 2007: The notification for "last call" for bids on the assets was issued …. Darrell Peterson was the highest bidder.

Sincerely
Jason Day
Vesta Inc.

Joe Chisolm
Username: Jchisolm

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 02:47 pm:   

Jason - Thanks for the timeline
Brian - Thanks for the pointer to the previous post. I some how missed part of it before.

And to Darrell Peterson - Again, Thanks for taking this step and beginning to revive the Express.

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 09:41 am:   

COOL!

I admit to not having keep totally abreast of what was happening with the last being the tapes that, since I missed something, only confused me. :-)

I had assumed (bad word) that Express was done forever and, truth be told, had given up hope.

Awsome job! And thanks....!

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 10:09 am:   

Well put, Jason. I don't think that I could have said it better. I have been so busy with my "regular" life, I have not had the time to sit down and do this. Thanks for the help. GHW

Darrell Peterson
Username: Darrell_p

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 02:51 pm:   

To all Express Builders,The New Express Aircraft Company has begun production of fiberglass Parts as customers need them. All metal parts must be ordered In groups of 5,or more,With the exception of the F.T . main gear and the nose gear.
Another note, our Express 2000-RG will fly the 2nd week in Dec. Pictures will be posted on our Web site
www.compairtechllc.com

Michael Farley
Username: Mikefarley

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 07:21 pm:   

Wonderful news Darrell! Congrats on finally being able to get things started, and of course best of luck on the first flight of the RG.

Also, was Joel able to get N511EA down to Toledo? We're still hoping to get the opportunity to get out there and get some insurance-required time as soon as Joel gets back from his trip.

BW Fargo
Username: Bwfargo

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 09:40 am:   

Any news of the RG flying? First, it was to fly in October and then in December. I checked www.compairtechllc.com and saw no mention of it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: