Express kits 4 and/or 5 wanted Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Classifieds » Express kits 4 and/or 5 wanted « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rvz
Username: Rvz

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:28 pm:   

OK, now that you've stopped laughing, I know there's a snowball's chance of ever finding one of these, but I had to ask. Just purchased a 3/5 kit.
Thanks,
Bob

Bill Orrill
Username: Cherokee

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 12:32 pm:   

rvz

Noticed that you may have the first 3/5 Express kit and are looking for balance of kit. EAA chapter 864 near St.Louis has the first 3/5 kit as well and is looking for a good home for it.

Can you advise us as to a reasonable asking price for the 3/5 kit? Kit is intact, unfinished and in great condition. Your advice is appreciated.
bill@i1.net (618) 466-3978

John L. Pels
Username: Jpels

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 09:21 pm:   

Gentlemen, I bought kits 1,2, and 3 about 5 years ago for $3000. I located most of kit 4 via Werner in Switzerland when he opted to upgrade to the two door upper-fuse. I located a badly assembled tail section in Arizona, which I subsequently disassembled. Landing gear and brakes were located via Benny Thordarson. The stuff is out there but drying up. A guy in West Virginia offered an unbuilt wing set for free and I picked those up as well. I believe that more guys are getting involved in the builder-assist program and the later model stuff. This stuff shows up in the Express Newsletter but over time does not seem to be selling. As for me I have essentially a complete Wheeler Express for something around $6K. If I ever get it built I guess I will personify champaigne taste on the beer budget. I picked up a low time IO 470 for $1600 as well. It came with no logs and had been donated to a Red-Cross charity place . I subsequently located the logs which disclosed its history. Now all I need is time, a windshield, motor mount, prop, and avionics.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: