Speed Brakes for Sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Classifieds » Speed Brakes for Sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Sleigh
Username: Wagonpilot

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:39 am:   

I am selling a pair of slightly used Precise Flight speed brakes. These are un-modified, electrically operated with the numerous small holes. They were happily flown on a Glasair (NOT mine!) until it ran off the end of the runway.

They cost well over $3000 new, but I'm looking to get $1800 for mine.

Photos and details available on request.

James
jsleigh@sikorsky.com

Jim Ward
Username: Jehward

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 08:30 am:   

If anyone is interested, I saw an Express Series 2000(?) for sale on eBay. Link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438615664&categor y=26428
Looks like the starting bid is $85k, with a "Buy-it-Now price of $135k.

Tom R. Hutchison
Username: Tomhutch

Post Number: 132
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:30 am:   

From the N database on www.landings.com:

N-number : N62BE
Aircraft Serial Number : 2
Aircraft Manufacturer : EDWARDS JAMES G
Model : EDWARDS EXPRESS F T
Aircraft Year :
Owner Name : MARK SPORTS CRAFT INC
Owner Address : 3511 SILVERSIDE RD STE 105
WILMINGTON, DE, 19810-4902
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 02-Dec-1997
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Not Specified

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:04 am:   

Is that a CT next to it?

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:20 am:   

Was looking through the ads for spped brakes and I came across the above two posts referencing Mr. Edwards aircraft. You may have seen both on Ebay last February/March. They are N61BE and N62BE (the BE for Buddy Edwards). The FT was the 9th aircraft he built; the CT was his 8th. He built the 2nd flying Lancair IV, along with a Skybolt, Mustang II, Glasair, and others. In his own words, he doesn't build museum pieces, but does build solid aircraft. The CT 'sold' on Ebay, but the buyer turned out to be a victim of identity theft. The FT had previously sold on Ebay, but that buyer wanted the plane delivered to California BEFORE he paid the balance due ($88K) and the deal has fallen through. Buddy has lost his medical and can't fly them, but he's in no hurry to sell, either.

I've flown both and vouch that they are sound, well built aircraft that fly beautifully, albeit with most of the shortfalls (heavy nose, heavy ailerons at high speeds, etc) inherent to the Express design. Both have things that I'd fix/do different (Buddy doesn't do interiors nearly as well as exteriors; and he only uses one radio at a time--no audio panel; uses a switch to toggle between the two). I bought what would have been his 10th plane (Auriga), and it should fly by the end of the month. If you want a well built CT or FT, then you can likely get one of these for a lot less than the opening bid on the Gisburne Express ($100K+). Some quick info on both:

CT: TIO-360 (with turbo removed--can run AUTOGAS)
About 125 hours SMOH (by certified shop)
MK-12D w/GS. Baggage door. Autopilot. 2-blade Hartzell. Comes with fresh Condition Inspection

FT: IO-540-C4B5 (110 hrs SMOH--certified shop)
3-Blade Hartzell w/shotpeen & Cold Roll ADs done
Dual KX-170s (second one questionable), 90 gal fuel capacity, wheel pants, aileron & elevator trim on panel. Comes with fresh Condition Inspection

Believe Buddy will entertain offers in the $80-90K realm--not my business, so don't hold him to that.

I'm posting this because he's been a great help getting the kit I'm working on done (he pulled the accessory case to verify the Oil Pump gears to satisfy my DAR). Both planes are at SSI. If needed, I can deliver them for a return ticket and the cost of the gas to get them where you are (in the CONUS). Email me direct and I'll pass to Buddy.

And if you have a set of Speed Brakes, email me about that, too.

Chuck

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: