PROJECT FOR SALE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Classifieds » PROJECT FOR SALE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frank Harris
Username: Frank

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 07:24 pm:   

An original Wheeler CT Express kit for sale.

All the fuselage construction is completed including, the installation of all the windows, cabin door with finished hardware, and the baggage door including finished hardware.. External locks are installed on both. All controls including the rudder and elevator cables are installed.

The fuselage is in primer with all empennage parts finished including electric trim tabs on rudder and elevator. The wings and controls are built but need the body work done. They have been fit to the fuselage for dihedral and angle of incidence.

A full set of fiberglass interior upholstery panels have been built.

The instrument panel is positioned and ready for mounting of instruments.

There is a low time (less than 180 hours)Lycoming engine, (IO-360-C1E6), including an prop extension, baffling and accessories, and a rebuilt 2 blade Hartzell prop which came off the original Wheeler demonstrator when an IO 540 was installed. The engine mount is installed and the engine is hung. The engine came with baffling and accessories. No firewall work is done. Many extras are included or are available.

The complete kit can be purchased for $65,000. You could have a flying Express in a reasonable short time. The Expresses that have had the smaller engines have performed very well and are very efficient fuel wise. The useful load is figured at 1000 lbs. with an empty weight of less than 1900 lbs. The workmanship to date is flawless.

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 09:33 pm:   

What would it take to be able to perform work on the plane when its done since the buyer would have done less than 51% of the work on the airframe? What are the FAA rules on it?

Jim

Gary Malin
Username: Nitroxgm

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 04:27 am:   

Express 2000 kit for sale, fusalage, tail, rudder, horizontal and elevator completed at the factory builder assist, wings ready for close out, so save yourself part of builders assist and faster completion. $42,000 for full kit.

Eric Holmberg
Username: Erich

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 07:04 am:   

From what I've been able to figure out from talking to the local DAR is that you may not be able to get the repairmans certificate, so you will not be able to sign-off on the annual. Otherwise, you can do all of the other work and get a regular mechanic to sign-off on it (although I'm sure he will only do this if you already know him and he trusts your work).

-Eric

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 01:48 pm:   

Eric - Just my concern. I would guess that it would take quite a bit of 'negotiating' on your part to get that Repairmans Cert. Would also think it would mostly depend on exactly how much of the airframe was completed prior to the sale. Dont get me wrong, if I found a 75% or so completed kit, AND knew it to be quality work, I would go for - as long as I knew I could get the Repairmans Cert. Otherwise whats the point?

Gary's kit is a prime example of one I would consider as it was Builder Assist, and the wings are still open - giving me the chance to inspect the work, become familiar with that work, and make any changes I felt I needed to. In this case I believe a Cert would be fairly easy to abtain.

Gary - Whats the date of purchase, and dates of the Assist? New wings or older ones?

Thx
Jim

Eric Holmberg
Username: Erich

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 04:59 pm:   

If the wings are still open, I don't think you would have any problems. Just get some pictures taken of you closing them out :-) Make sure you get the full builders logs (or at least copies of them). The builder may want to keep them for getting their A&P later.

-Eric

ali moghaddas
Username: Amoghadd

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 07:37 am:   

I have listed the following items on ebay. If someone is interested, and prefers to acquire them outside of ebay, I can be contacted at ali.moghaddas@boeing.com.

Express Cowling:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=26442&ite m=2441517652

Linak Flap Actuator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=26442&ite m=2441519438

WAYNE PETRUS
Username: Dwpetrus

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:40 am:   

NO PAINT, INTERIOR OR AVIONICS YET. WOULD LIKE TO SELL AS IS. FLYS GREAT, IO540C4B5-250HP-FRESH OVERHAUL, NEW HARTZELL 3 BLADE, GRAND RAPIDS EIS W/6CHT-EGT & FUEL FLOW, 90 GAL., ALL FLIGHT INSTRUMENTS INSTALLED, 40 TOTAL TIME. LANCAIR STYLE REAR SEATS. 3 POINT SHOULDER/SEAT BELTS ALL SEATS. RE-INFORECED NOSE GEAR. HALON FIRE EXT., ELEC. FLAPS & ELEV. TRIME. GOOD WORKMANSHIP BY PRO FINISHING SHOP. SEE AT WWW.BARNSTORMERS.COM. ASKING $115,000 (MAKE AN OFFER) 318-366-5509 WAYNE PETRUS-WEST MONROE, LA

Louie Lacy
Username: Llacy

Post Number: 108
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 07:03 pm:   

Does anyone know if this requirement for all A&P's to have a plastic certificate applies to the Repairman certificate we all have for our EXPRESS
Lou Lacy

Al Kittleson
Username: Al38kit

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 07:56 pm:   

I'm reasonably sure the answer is yes...For $2 I wouldn't second guess it...you can do it online.

I had a couple of mine reissued just because I wasn't sure and couldn't find one...not that it mattered, as it was an FE ticket.

Al

David A. Rupp
Username: Darupp

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 07:53 am:   

Express CT kit for sale

Complete kit for sale - $12K. Wings are complete up to closing. Lyc. 540 engine mount, cowling, wheels, tires, brakes and all windows. The fuselage is semi-complete, tail installed and work was proceeding on the elevator and rudder. Landing gear is original steel. Have all wing jigs, build log and build pictures. I have had several health issues and have decided to sell. I can be reached at dave_rupp@hotmail.com for more information.

Dave

John L. Pels
Username: Jpels

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 10:18 pm:   

Express CT kit for sale. $5500 firm. Kit is mostly complete less motor mount, windshield, various parts in original kit 5. It has two sets of wings, one set built one unbuilt. It has the steel gear. Some work done on lower fuse and seats, but kit is largely unbuilt. Kit is in the Houston Texas area. Eminent domain proceedings force sale, I'm just running out of room for my projects. I also have an IO470 for sale.Email for details pelsfam@att.net or call John at 832-928-4731

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: