Panels Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Avionics » Panels « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom Hutchison
Posted on Monday, August 09, 1999 - 08:28 am:   

Platinum Avionics is now producing panels for Express Kit planes. They have a web site up at: Platinum Avionics Express. Some of the image links are broken at this time, but you can see the panel they designed for the new Express demonstrator.

wayne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 05:17 pm:   

Finally got my second nav/com installed, pix in the gallery.
Don't be afraid to do it yourselves.
Not havings easy grounds is the biggest problem. Might give some thoughts as to mounting in some buss bars on eachside of the cockpit for neg and one for hot near the BC panel and one aft of the bag bulkhead.
I can read a diagram but I did not make one. So anyone else working on my plane would be lost. Just get it in the air is my motto.

Steve Johnston
Username: Steve_johnston

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 03:52 pm:   

I'm looking for a fiberglass panel like Carter Smith's. I'm hoping someone out there knows the company Express Aircraft was using to build the molds. I'm sure there was an outside company developing the molds for Express. If anyone has some suggestions on who to call, please let me know ASAP. Unfortunately, I have my panel torn apart waiting for a replacement. Thanks.

Steve Johnston 720-935-6654 Denver, Co.

Steve Johnston
Username: Steve_johnston

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 03:55 pm:   

I'm looking for a fiberglass panel like Carter Smith's. I'm hoping someone out there knows the company Express Aircraft was using to build the molds. I'm sure there was an outside company developing the molds for Express. If anyone has some suggestions on who to call, please let me know ASAP. Unfortunately, I have my panel torn apart waiting for a replacement. Thanks.

Steve Johnston 720-935-6654 Denver, Co.

Ted Gaston (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 09:52 am:   

Unfortunately,that panel mold is an Express exclusive. You will have to get one from Exosphere.
Previously, we used a glassair part and that is the basis for Jim Butlers Panel.
Sorry to disapoint.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 02:50 pm:   

try bill copeland he might be able to help i know he had some available at one time may still have the mold

Jerry Sjostrand
Username: Jerry

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 10:16 pm:   

Why do we have to keep having an "Anonymous" Why don't you put a name on your offerings. Thank you.

shell (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 10:34 am:   

its not the messenger its the message take it for what its worth

Jay Villalva
Username: Jay

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 07:02 pm:   

I struggled on how to get my panel stenciled. I’ve seen some nice screen-printing so I was off to figure out how to get it done. Because my panel drilling was all done by hand, the resulting holes were not exactly centered. I made up a drawing from a simple CAD program I had and adjusted it until the printed copy matched my panel cut outs. There was a local print shop that would silk screen for a small set up fee and the actual printing (the best guess was $150 for the printing and the set up fee was going to be another $90). A friend that had work done at the same shop suggested planning on closer to $300.
When checking into the equipment required to do the printing myself, it was suggested that I consider a vinyl overlay. The cost was reasonable (just over $40 dollars, including shipping). I’ve seen the overlays at the air shows and thought they were ok. The folks at Westar Solutions worked with me and my CAD file to come up with the overlay. They made two sets, one in flat black and one in the wood burl. I think it came out pretty nice.
Panel
overlay

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 114
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 10:23 am:   

Nice job. Still hate that stoopid 'warning'...

fofo
Username: Fofo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 07:25 pm:   

hehe,Thanks PaulThe landing gear was change for the new version.Nice to know that there is another plane near to me, in Argentina this is the only one. Could be sometimes joint us, after being flying again!http://www.linksbracelet.org

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: