Glass Cockpits Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » Avionics » Glass Cockpits « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 08:39 pm:   

I have just had a pleasant e-mail exchange with Greg Richter of Blue Mountain Avionics the developer of the EFIS/One cockpit display.

EFIS/One Display

Greg tell's me two of his products are being or have been installed in Expresses. I would love to hear from these two builders. I have several questions I would like to ask. Or if anyone else has been lucky enough to see this product at Oshkosh I would be interested in your comments.

Thanks,
Tom

Rick Spriggle (Rspriggle)
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:13 pm:   

Tom,

This is the system I'm planning to use as well, although that is some time down the road. I figure I'm building a 21st century airplane so I want a 21st century cockpit! Besides, installation looks like a snap, everything is there, and it is less expensive than the sum of all the individual gauges. I even have the display as the wallpaper on my work computer to remind me of the "important things" during the day. :-)

Rick

Chris Walsh
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 05:04 pm:   

Tom,
I am installing a Blue Mountain EFIS in my plane. It just arrived at the factory (Ted has it now).
I do know quite a bit about it, if you'd like give me an email on what you're looking for and I'll tell ya what I know!
I have both seen it at Oshkosh, had the pleasure of having Greg spend an evening at my home in Detroit (talking airplanes) and studied this issue quite extensively.
Take care,
Chris Walsh

Kevin Dennes (Kdennes)
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 12:10 am:   

Chris.
Just one important question. Since we are placing our 2000 in IFR category here in OZ, I would like to know if the Blue Mountain EFIS is TSO'd. We cannot use primary instruments in IFR unless the instruments have TSO classification.
regards.
Kevin (from Downunder)

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 05:50 pm:   

Greg Richter has added a "discussion board" at: www.bluemountainavionics.com/discus/index.html for discussion of his EFIS One MFD.

He is using Discus, the same discussion software we have here so everyone should be very familar with it.

Tom

Terry Sack
Username: Terrysack

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 01:42 pm:   

Below is a request I have posted to Visionmicrosystems. I am repeating in here in the hopes that one or more of you may have a suggestion. The only item I should have added to the post is that the tachometer does not return to normal until the engine is shut down and restarted. I have not done this the same day. Different day. Also, the fluctations do not start until I start reducing the prop rpms.

If I have posted this to the wrong topic feel free to move it.

Good morning,
I have a two year old Wheeler Express with a VM1000 of the same age. Total time on the instrument is about 133 hours.

In the last two or three flights I have noticed that the tachometer and the oil temperature gages have fluctuated rapidly. The oil gage goes from 26 degrees to 180 or so, and the tachometer reads up to 3400 rpm. I have not noticed any change in engine sound or performance.

On my last flight, the gages read 26 degrees and 92.4 soon after takeoff. Everything appeared normal prior to takeoff and during my preflight checks. I realize now that the 92.4 is the tach hours reading. After landing, the gages do not return to normal readings.

I am not able to duplicate the conditions on the ground but have not run up to full power. My mechanic has looked at the system and can not find anything obvious wrong. Do you have any suggestions as to the solution or tests that can be performed to identify the problem?

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 09:03 pm:   

terry i had same problem, found bad connections at sending units soldered connections that ended problem

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 09:07 pm:   

terry i had same problem, found bad connections at sending units soldered connections that ended problem

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: