updates Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » System Messages » updates « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Admin
Posted on Friday, November 26, 1999 - 10:41 am:   

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Express-Builder Forum members. As of today we have 56 members and counting. Now if all 56 members completed Express aircraft in the next 2-3 years we would have quite a fleet flying.

In case you haven't checked the Express Aircraft website recently, Chris has updated the on-line newsletter for November. See http://www.express-aircraft.com for the latest word from the factory. The great news is the flight tests of the New Series 2000 continue to look very impressive. The bad news is an upcoming price increase for orders after Jan 1, Y2K. Time to get word to Old Saint Nick (or your spouse) for that ultimate Christmas gift.

As far as the Express-Builder.com web site I have plans for more links and better looking graphics. I have the digital pics from my second builders session and will be taking more when I return for session 3 in early December. I promise to have them available soon. (Sounds like another New Year's resolution to add). If anyone has suggestions for information to add to the main web page or topics for the Forum, PLEASE let me know at admin@express-builder.com.

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post questions and information to the forum. With 56 members we have that critical mass necessary to keep lots of good conversations going. Please take advantage of decades of combined Express experience available to the forum. Pose those questions so we can all learn.

Take care and enjoy the Holidays.

Tom Hutchison
Express Series 2000 (20% completed)

Admin (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2000 - 04:15 pm:   

I would like to apologize to everyone for the problems they were experiencing with the forum. Like I mentioned in a previous e-mail to the membership I had upgraded to a new version of Discus discussion board software. I finally found and fixed the problem with the help of Discus technical support. The board should now be back up. PLEASE let me know if you experience any further problems.

Tom Hutchison
Express Series 2000

Tom Hutchison (Admin)
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 07:43 pm:   

I would like to invite everyone to take a gander at Wayne Norris's new Album at: http://www.express-builder.com/gallery/albums.php

Wayne has posted a nice assortment of construction pictures of his project as it nears completion.

Tom

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 08:37 am:   

Express-Builder BACK ON-LINE!

I would like to apoligize that Express-Builder has been down the past week. I was experiencing problems with my primary DNS service and changed to different DNS servers, but didn't realize it wasn't working till Wayne Norris mentioned it in an e-mail.

If you ever experience problems accessing the web site please e-mail me ASAP at " tom.hutchison@pilot-rock.net ".

Thank you for your patience. Enjoy!

Tom Hutchison
Admin Express-Builder.com

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   

Apparently some loser/jerk abused the ability to post anonymously by putting up about a dozen posts of links to some kind of online gambling site. I have deleted all of them at this point.

I am sure its was not done by any of our forum members. Unfortunately if this continues I will have to disable anonymous posts and approve any new members before allowing posting. I am reluctant to do this as it just makes using the forum just a little less "open" and a little harder to use.

Anyway this explains why everyone got lots of notices of new postings today.

Tom

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 08:13 pm:   

Well it looks like our loser/jerk is an even bigger loser. He/she hit again with about 50 phoney posts so I have been forced to disallow any anonymous or public posting. For the time being, only registered forum members will be able to post and those posts will be "moderated", i.e. approved before posting. If you need your username or password reset, E-mail me and I can do that for you.

I really regret having to take this action. I guess its like the fences we now have to put around airports. It just takes one or two to f***k it up for everyone.

Tom

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 07:22 am:   

I decided to allow "unmoderated" postings by registered members again. I have found I am just not able to keep up sometimes with all the postings and get them approved in a timely manner. If we experience abuse again by some "low life" spammer I will have to re-enable moderated postings.

Sorry for the inconvience in the past. Again, if you need your username or password reset, E-mail me and I can do that for you.

Tom

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 09:18 pm:   

I am sure everyone has noticed the sometimes considerable lag between when a new posting is made and when you receive a notification that its available on the forum. I want to apologize for the delay since I am compelled to approve each and every posting to the forum. Most weekends now days I do not have internet access so I can't approve postings sometimes for a day or two.

I wish this wasn't the case, but the scum we refer to as spammers abuse the forum to post garbage so I am forced to approve every posting. If someone who has regular internet access would be interested in being the moderator and approve postings, I would be interested in delegating the responsibility.

Anyway, sorry about the delays.

Tom Hutchison
Express-builder.com Administrator

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 08:13 am:   

I regret to inform everyone the Express-Builder.com website will be off-line for a few days. Unfortunately, some loser has compromised part of the website and I need to completely rebuild the website and server. This is unfortunate, but all to commonplace on the internet these days. Please feel free to contact me at admin@express-builder.com if you have any questions or comments.

Tom Hutchison
Administrator
Express-Builder.com

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 11:23 am:   

Express-Builder.com is BACK

A big thank you to everyone for your patience. With the holidays I didn't have much time to put into rebuilding the website. But now its back, and hopefully more secure. However, the Gallery is offline until I figure out how it was compromised. So stay tuned, it will be back too.

Tom

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:55 pm:   

E-Mail is working Again

First off, I want to apologize to everyone for not getting the e-mail notification working until today. After I upgraded the server the forum runs on, e-mail notifications quit working. I finally had some time to diagnose the problem and fix it. So I hope people start posting again. Without e-mail notifications I never knew when new posting were ready for approval. So I am sorry it sometimes took days for them to show up on the forum.

Thank you again for your patience.

Tom Hutchison
Admin, express-builder.com

Tom Hutchison
Board Administrator

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 05:29 pm:   

Sheesh, more apologies. When I went to post my classified for the BMA EFIS/One I am selling, I noticed 4 messages that were waiting in the queue for approval. Apparently the server got restarted and the e-mail service (daemon) wasn't set to automatically start.

I apologize again to those posters who were wondering where their posts had disappeared to.

Tom

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: