Engine Cowl

Description of your first forum.
Sknightflyet

Engine Cowl

Post by Sknightflyet »

Anyone have a "spare" engine cowl for sale? The orphaned project I picked up the cowling was heavily modified by the previous builder who was try to use a auto engine conversation. Thinking an original cowling may be the answer versus hours of glass work to get it back to original shape.
Thanks Steve
282ex

Re: Engine Cowl

Post by 282ex »

Let me get back to you, I may be letting my cowling go.

Would you come and get it or would you need it shipped? I'm in Washington state, upper left corner.
Sknightflyet wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:09 pm Anyone have a "spare" engine cowl for sale? The orphaned project I picked up the cowling was heavily modified by the previous builder who was try to use a auto engine conversation. Thinking an original cowling may be the answer versus hours of glass work to get it back to original shape.
Thanks Steve
Erik Petersen
Wheeler Express Series 90 Auriga
Sequim, Wa
282ex

Post by 282ex »

Also, please tell us about your project? What series? 90 or 2000? What engine are you putting in there?
Sknightflyet wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:09 pm Anyone have a "spare" engine cowl for sale? The orphaned project I picked up the cowling was heavily modified by the previous builder who was try to use a auto engine conversation. Thinking an original cowling may be the answer versus hours of glass work to get it back to original shape.
Thanks Steve
Erik Petersen
Sequim, Wa
Sknightflyet

Post by Sknightflyet »

Project is an original CT airplane, that was abandoned by previous builder. They had modified the factory cowling for the auto engine conversion they were working on, had a large cheek added to the bottom, fairings added for the exhaust and large hole cut in the top, assuming for air cleaner. Rest of airframe was unmolested. Shipping may be crazy so a road trip may have to be in order. Was planning on IO-540 IF i can find one at a reasonable price. Thanks Steve
282ex

Post by 282ex »

I put my Wheeler up for sale. If I end up parting out and making a flightsim out of the fuselage, I'll sell you my cowl.
Erik Petersen
Sequim, Wa
Sknightflyet

Post by Sknightflyet »

Erik, sent you msg on FB also let’s talk sometime on cowling and you project before you make a sim out of it. I’ll send you my contact info. Thanks Steve
Finley

Post by Finley »

Steve-

I looked for our conversation via text. It is totally missing from my phone. I have some thoughts on your last text to me. Please text/call when you can.

Finley