Insurance

Description of your first forum.
iain_clark

Insurance

Post by iain_clark »

Has anyone renewed their insurance recently? I am looking into purchasing an Express and had an "Indication" from one underwriter last week that was withdrawn this morning. I would really appreciate any information on underwriters who are currently covering Wheeler expresses and particularly any that have done so recently. Please and thanks.
xprsav8r

Re: Insurance

Post by xprsav8r »

I'm also curious if others would share their quotes. I feel mine is extremely high. In 2017, I paid $2000. In 2019, I paid $3600. Earlier this year I was at $4000 with a hull value of $120,000 and liability of $1M.

All the best.
iain_clark

Post by iain_clark »

My "indication" was for 5600$ but as I said, that was rescinded. The insurance company was Hallmark.
My broker says a lot of smaller companies have left the market so there is much less competition and the bog outfits are behaving accordingly.
xprsav8tr can you please let me know which insurance company you are with?
iain_clark

Post by iain_clark »

Avemco will write liability only coverage with no hull or occupant coverage.
johnnapier

Post by johnnapier »

I recently inquired about insurance. I bought a 2000RG 70% complete. I cant find the email but I think $3600 with a 150K hull value. I inquired with Bob Haag at Falcon Insurance Agency. They had insured my 59 Bonanza.
xprsav8r

Post by xprsav8r »

iain_clark wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:57 pm My "indication" was for 5600$ but as I said, that was rescinded. The insurance company was Hallmark.
My broker says a lot of smaller companies have left the market so there is much less competition and the bog outfits are behaving accordingly.
xprsav8tr can you please let me know which insurance company you are with?
@iain_clark: I'm with Hallmark. I've tried Avemco, too, and they would only cover liability.

@johnnapier: Thanks for your insight. While Falcon Insurance may be your agent, who is the underwriter if you don't mind? Thanks again.
LouisCarre

Post by LouisCarre »

I have 2000RG in Canada

Price this year really expensive, around 5500 cnd for 150k hull value with Marsh insurance

Louis
Express 2000RG
C-GGVX
Rimouski, Quebec, Canada