Express Aircraft Purchased Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Aircraft Purchased « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 14, 2005Allyn Roe (Unregiste10 07-14-05  07:06 pm
Archive through August 09, 2005Gary H. Wolfelt10 08-09-05  01:18 pm
Archive through August 31, 2005MH (Unregistered Gue10 08-31-05  11:27 am
Archive through September 14, 2005Exosphere Aircraft C10 09-14-05  10:24 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jim hurd (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 11:08 am:   

Jim Hurd again. I sent the check to Exosphere Aero, 652 Whitman St. S.E.
Tocoma, WA. 98422 and again it was returned to me today as "not deliverable
as addressed" Please advise.
704-450-0747

Tom R. Hutchison
Username: Tomhutch

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 01:10 pm:   

Just a reminder to everyone in case you didn't know it. You can "click on" the users name to the left of the posting and you are given an opportunity to send a private message to that user.

Tom

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:37 am:   

Has anyone had contact, or know of the exosphere/ express sale. Is there another web site yet?

Are they making any fiberglass parts?

Whats going on?

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:39 am:   

Has anyone had contact, or know of the exosphere/ express sale. Is there another web site yet?

Are they making any fiberglass parts?

Whats going on?

Exosphere Aircraft Company, Inc.
Username: Exosphere

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 10:03 am:   

Gary, thank you for your communication. The efforts that have been going on have been focused on obtaining competent individuals capable of taking the Exosphere Aircraft Company towards its vision, and getting all of the required filings in place so that the company will be financially stable. The Express is a critical piece to this and shortly all of the formal builders who have not been contacted will be. As your personal situation is concerned I would like to understand what is needed for your airplane, your view of the former relationship and the resolution you would most desire. Unfortunately as a result of continuing modifications and stricter guidelines by the NASD and the SEC we were informed last Thursday that a whole new set of criteria must be followed. This is the third such change that has occurred in the last four months. I will know what they are and to what degree we will need to modify the existing filing sometime mid next week. My hope is that it will not require a complete new set of disclosure documents or audited financials from the entities. I am very skeptical that the Express books would be truly auditable. Once the company is trading then we will be in a position to make progress on the other business matters. We all thought that the timeline would be much shorter than it has been but this step is really day one once completed. I would like to get together with you when you are in town and am more than willing to correspond via e-mail or scheduled phone calls in the meantime.

Barry Henthorn

Jim Lewis (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 02:38 pm:   

A note to Rinehart Metz: Rinehart, I need to talk to you about your IO-360 installation and the exhaust system you got from Steve. Tried to reach you with the email address I had but it was kicked back. Email or call me please. AExpressofva@aol.com or 904 457-9135

Jim Ward
Username: Jehward

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 10:27 am:   

Are fiberglass parts available from the company?
Looking for an instrument panel.

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 05:59 pm:   

Everyone: There is some news that will be of interest to all of you. It is a bit lengthy so instead of using up a bunch of space here, I have posted a new message to my web site at www.wolfelt.com/express/post6.htm for you to read. I hope that we will finally see parts availability pretty soon. GHW

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 03:17 pm:   

So... whats happening with the LSA and the recent move? They've been releasing press releases like crazy as of late......?

BW Fargo
Username: Bwfargo

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   

I believe there are some inaccuracies here. I was interested in buying Roy and Nancy’s kit and asked about any accessories they might have to save me time and found out that they had given away their landing gear to a customer. All their avionics worth about 30K was given away to various customers along with their propeller. And I was told I wouild have to buy all the hardware because that was given away to various customers too. But they did have the fiberglass kit that they worked on. It looked real good not messy with too much glass. The wings were their second pair because they gave the first pair away. I guess the previous owner had taken all this stuff before they bought the company. Anyway the new pair of wings looked great and weren’t closed out yet. I was impressed with the workmanship. They also lost their engine like several other customers. I ended up buying a boat because of the wife, but I sure would have loved to have gotten that kit from them. I bet they would still sell it if it’s true the new owner never paid for it. I took notes on all of this and I remember it being said that they paid for finishing several planes out of their own pocket that were stuck in the hanger and weren’t getting finished. I think there’s something else that very few people know and that is they paid off the loan on the house for the previous owner’s widow. I guess she didn’t even know that her husband had taken a loan out on her house and Roy and Nancy went and paid that out of their own personal savings just to help her. And then I heard and it was confirmed by others that they paid for generous raises for their employees out of their own savings because the employees hadn’t been given raises for years. None of this came out of the company profits or customer payments. Roy and Nancy was very nice and kind to their employees. Between losing their plane and losing their savings on this company they took a bigger hit than anyone.

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:07 pm:   

I confess that I am only repeating what I was told regarding this issue. So you very well may be correct. I don't think that Mr. Henthorn was telling us all of the facts regarding his possession of the assets while they were in his custody. However, neither did Roy and Nancy. Well it really doesn't matter now as the bankruptcy people are in control of all of the stuff in the hangers. What a shame that it had to be done this way. But waiting for these other people to make good on their promises wasn't getting any of the builders any closer to the finish line. At least now things are moving again. GHW

Douglas Hoff
Username: Dhoff

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:56 pm:   

For what it's worth it sounds like Roy and Nancy did their best to help other builders out and I hope they aren't still having nighmares about their involvement and that it didn't bankrupt them.

I am considering selling my Express. It is in WA and John Klenke will be taking it to the Arlington air show this month. He's also flying it to an airshow this weekend. It has been completely gone through and is in new condition. I may be (positively am) prejudiced but I think it is ther prettiest Express flying. And Larry Olsen said it flew the best of any he'd flown (it was the first factory assist).

I think we'll take it to Oshkosh and will plan to be there the last week end. Any news on the meeting date (if there is one)?

Doug Hoff

James Butler
Username: Jim_butler

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 10:23 am:   

BW Fargo,

There are certainly some inaccuracies, and I think you have been a victim of some of them. Larry did indeed take out a loan on his house, but the money was put into Express Aircraft. The package put together for Roy and Nancy for the purchase of the company included money to pay off that loan, as well it should. The employees were paid a reasonalb wage. For a new business owner to come in and give raises, without regard to how the company is doing financially, is nothing short of a poor business practice on the part of that new owner, not something that should be admired. Doing those kind of things only helps the employees in the very short term, while dooming their chance at having a long term job. Roy and Nancy didn't lose their airplane, as they thought they were selling it to Barry Henthorn.
I think it would be very wise for everyone to listen to the court proceeding in full and maybe do a little research on both sides of the story before they form their opinions.

Jim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: