Archive through July 02, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Aircraft Co LLC Out of Business » Archive through July 02, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Copeland
Username: Cbros

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 02:31 pm:   

I can quote from a former employee that "the group is from the Seattle area, the deal was concluded about two weeks ago,they are busy trying to recruit several former employees" and that they are preparing a press release for the immediate future".

Andy Plunkett
Username: Awplunkett

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 03:11 pm:   

Sorry for the (Unregistered Guest), it twas me... :-|

cbplane (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 03:59 pm:   

I was told the new owner is an investment group that heard about EAC being for sale through somebody that came to them looking for advise about buying EAC. Something like a friend told a friend who told a friend thing. I am assuming the investment company thought it was such a good deal, that they wanted EAC. Allyn Roe brought the individual that will be running the operation by Gower at OLM and showed him mine and Charles Wood's airplanes. Yesterday (6-29) they came back by looking at a hanger/building here at OLM where they can get the company back up and running.
Bruce Hitchens

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 04:21 pm:   

Who ever they are at least it’s a new start...

The question I am waiting for an answer to is.
Will they make things right with the builders that are out deposit money?

This is where they will prove their intensions of keeping the Express alive.

???

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 07:20 am:   

I don’t know when you are going to stop complaining & move on for Pete’s sake!
If you are expecting the new owner’s to give your money back or give you the parts that you had on order with the previous owners at no charge, you are dreaming.

I am not aware of any business in this country that would buy a bankrupt company, and start paying the previous creditors. Whatever beef you have should be against the previous owner.

I understand you being angry with the previous owners. If you have any beef with them, take them to court. Otherwise, stop your negative feed back, and get over it!

Tom R. Hutchison
Username: Tomhutch

Post Number: 165
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 07:33 am:   

All right lets cool it anonymous people. We all have to wait and see what transpires with the new owners etc.

If anyone has a complaint with another poster then take it up with them in private or contact me and I'll try to mediate the dispute.

Tom

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 08:11 am:   

Tom: Would it be possible to make it impossible to make Anonymous postings? I think that if someone doesn't have the balls to tell us who he is, we shouldn't have to read their stuff. Just my thoughts. If this "sale" really has happened, I am just happy to have the chance to get my hands on the stuff that I need to complete my project at this point (I was probably shorted $10K to $15K total, much less than some of the guys that paid for engines and avionics. Those guys really took a kick in the ass! I would be out for blood if I was one of them. GHW

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 09:05 am:   

I agree.. Anonymous postings should be eliminated. If it is true and works out, I'm just glad to be able to build

cbplane (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 10:34 am:   

I think it is a good idea to do away with "Anonymous" postings. Having been here in OLM for the last 2 weeks, there has been former employees in and out working on getting EAC back up and running. If the sale is a "rumor", then some people have been wasting a lot of time.
Update on my airplane N900EH. I got one taxi test in. My Blue Mountian system was not picking up a GPS signal and the autopilot was not working. Found out the GPS antenna was bad and the autopilot controller was bad. I had to send it back to BMA for repair. I got another GPS antenna and the PFD works great now. Then I had trim motor runaway. Got the motors working, but now they have stopped working again. We went to calibrate the fuel system. When we started that, my PDM 900 stopped working. We will have to wait until Tues. to get tech support and work on it.
Also when I went through Builders Assist, nobody told me that I needed the "U" shape cut out in the front seats. The seats were finished when John Klenke pointed out that I did not have full forward-back travel on the control stick. I had to pull out the bottom part of the seat and cut the slot into them. Now I need to get them refinished. Maybe one day soon I will fly.

Bruce Hitchens

Lou (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 11:37 am:   

cbplane I'm surprise that you had to cut out your seat for your stick travel. The info I had on my seats specified the cut out & Bill Copepland who is very knowledgeable on the express said it was not necessary