Archive through July 21, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Aircraft Co LLC Out of Business » Archive through July 21, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jerry Sjostrand
Username: Jerry

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 11:54 am:   

Bruce:
Look at my webpage and see what I did with my seats. I discovered a long time ago that the cut out was not necessary unless you have exxxtremely short legs. There must be something not adjusted correctly in the linkage if you have this problem.
The seats are much more comfortable without the cutout. Take a second look before you re-upholster the seats. Please let us know what you decide after checking again.

www.sierratel.com/jerico

Bill Copeland
Username: Cbros

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 03:45 pm:   

Bruce:
Jerry is correct - the "cut out" is unnecessary. (thanks Lou) That is unless you have "extreeeeeemly short legs".
You do realize that the upper section of the control stick has a series of holes that allows considerable fore and aft movement,obviating the need for the cut out????
Bill C

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 04:17 pm:   

Jerry

How much travel do you have in your fore and back movement of your control sticks? I have about 5 inches of travel fore and aft from the neutral position. When mine are full forward, I only have about 1/2 inch clearance above the floor. When I bring the stick full back, the stick is in my gut. John Klenke also said my stick grip seemed higher than other ones he had flown. I had also dropped the butt of the seat when I went thourgh BA. I like it a lot over the factory seats.
Thanks for the info.

Bruce Hitchens

Ted Gaston (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 08:40 pm:   

"John Klenke also said my stick grip seemed higher than other ones he had flown. "
I found out that it was neccesary to cut about 3.5 inches of of the stick to ensure that the infinity grips would clear the bottom edge of the panel.
Also, while it's true that the seat doesn't need the cut out to acheive full stick travel, you do need to remove the rounded stiffener from the front edge in order to make things work.
Did you put pitch stops in your hinges?
You might also have the aft idler belcrank set up wrong.
Not Anonymouse

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 11:49 am:   

Hello fellow Express People. The Express Builders meeting at Oshkosh has now been set for Saturday the 30th at the VESTA booth (#3027) in hanger "C". It looks like we will have at least 10 to 12 of us there for this one. I have also e-mailed the new people (who ever they are) so perhaps with a bit of luck, someone will show up and let us know who they are and what their plans are. GHW

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 07:26 pm:   

Gary,
Do you by chance have a time decided for the meeting on the 30th? As long as nothing unexpected happens, us Farleys are planning on making the drive from Ohio to join everyone. If you could please put us on the mailing list for current info on the meeting, that would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Glen and Mike Farley
gfarley@columbus.rr.com

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 07:15 pm:   

Glen and Mike, etal, We are going to meet at the VESTA booth at 4PM and then after everyone that we are expecting to show has arrived, we will probably take the meeting somewhere else since the building is closed up at 5PM. Jason has suggested that we all go out for dinner some where to have our meeting. I will look forward to meeting up with you guys. See you then. GHW

Ted Recker (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 07:29 pm:   

I would love to look over completed Express aircraft while at Oshkosh next Monday and next Thursday. I will not be able to join you for the meeting Saturday. My subkits came from previous owners. I was about to place an order for tail parts with Express when they closed. I am now planing to construct most of the tail assembly from scratch depending on what becomes available from the new ownership. If you have your Express at Oskosh on Monday or Thursday and not mind jealous admiration, let me know at tedrecker@yahoo.com or 573-258-0127

Jim Butler (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 06:27 am:   

I plan to arrive at Oshkosh with my Express by noon on Thursday. You are welcome to look it over. It is green and white, tail number N174JK.

Jim

Reinhard Metz
Username: Reinhard_metz

Post Number: 63
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 07:32 am:   

I plan to be there early Thursday, approx. 8am, tail number N49EX, white with a yellow and green stripe. My email is n49ex@aol.com, 630-668-8562.

Reinhard Metz