Builder Locations? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Builder Locations? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 19, 2000richard martin10 09-19-00  05:13 pm
Archive through March 22, 2001Werner Maag14 03-22-01  04:49 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Ward (Jehward)
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 08:58 am:   

Werner:
I will be in Vienna April 2-4 on business. I am building an Express CT in the Copeland hangar in Livermore, CA. If you are in need of anything of reasonable size(suitcase), I would be happy to bring it to Vienna. I realize this is not exactly close to Stadel, but thought that I would offer. I will be in Prague for the remainder of that week.
Let me know,
Jim Ward

Werner Maag
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 08:51 am:   

To Jim Ward (Jehward)
Hallo Jim,
thanks for offering your delivery service, but at the moment I have all the needed parts to continue
building. I wish you a very good time in Europe.
Regards Werner

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 10:42 am:   

A thought!!
Wouldn't it be better if you fellows that want to communicate personal messages use your normal email rather than the forum page? Wouldn't it be better to post only information that is meant to be shared so as to create less clutter on the forum pages?

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 10:58 am:   

A good thought Anonymous. I haven't said anything because I want folks to use the forum even if it means postings off topic and not of interest to others.

For everyone's information, it is real easy to send a personal e-mail to a poster. click on the poster's name (in underlined blue). Your e-mail client should pop up with the poster's e-mail address already loaded.

Thanks,

Tom Hutchison
Express-Builder Administrator

Bob Condrey (Bcondrey)
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 03:35 pm:   

Anybody currently building in the San Diego area? I've seen a couple of flying examples but would really like see one under construction and talk to somebody in the heat of battle. Any thoughts on realistic time to build? Factory website says 1200 hours!

Bob

Reinhard Metz
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 08:34 am:   

Hi Bob,

I'm in the Chicago area, but here are my thoughts on building time: It depends on what you do, and how you do it. I would suggest the 1200 hours assumes the factory assist program and applies if you pay someone to do firewall forward, avionics, interior, and paint. If you do some of those yourself, the time goes up. You can probably figure the other extreme to be in the 3000 hour region - that's what I have in mine, and I did all body work and paint, avionics, interior, and firewall forward. Today's kit is also easier to build with many design improvements that cut build time.

Roger Spencer
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 07:55 am:   

I've purchased an Aureiga project with wings not closed out and am building in Dayton Ohio. The project did not have a complete set of manuals and I will have to purchase much of the hardware and interior parts. My intent was to purchase the current manuals from Express so I could order parts from the factory and build to nearly the current configuration. However I have been told by one builder he did not think the current manual would be of much help. Does anyone have any thoughts on my approach?

Phil & Margie Hodge (N410mp)
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 06:35 pm:   

Roger:

I spent a few weeks at the builder assist center last summer, working on my 1/2 Wheeler, 1/2 EDI, CT model. I had the manuals that came with the kit, and of course we had the current manuals for reference also. Sometimes my set was better, sometimes the new EA manuals were used, and a lot of times we had to figure stuff out for ourselves. You are a little closer to the current model with your Auriga, but don't expect miracles from any book. Have fun! Phil

John Harlow (Jharlow)
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2001 - 12:52 pm:   

Roger,
I have built an Auriga and will be willing to answer any specific questions you may have. I found it useful to refer to a Glassair manual for needed information since the tail is very similar in construction. Larry was very helpful where the Express is the same but you will need to go it alone on some items.
John

Tom R. Hutchison (Tomhutch)
Posted on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 03:47 pm:   

I would like to welcome two new members to the Express community. Stan Susman and Sonja Englert.

Stan has purchased a "not quite complete" Auriga Express project and will be working on it where he lives in Southern California.

Sonja is a aeronautical engineer born in Germany now living in Central Oregon. Sonja has worked on several projects including the NASA AGATE program and for Adam Aircraft on the A500. She is also the author of 3 books of interest to experimental aircraft builders. You can learn more about her books at: http://www.caroengineering.com/.

Sonja enjoys flying her Pulsar around the US.

Kevin Degnan
Username: Herkflyer

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 06:08 pm:   

Is anybody building/flying an express in the NW Florida or South Alabama area? I am interested in the design and would like to see one up close and maybe even get a flight in one before I commit to the project. Thanks.

Charles M. Robinson
Username: F15epilot

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 08:46 pm:   

I'm located at Eglin AFB. The plane is in the hangar at Wiregrass Aviation, Florala, AL, getting painted. We put the first color on tomorrow. It should be out of the shop next Friday. I'd be happy to meet and show it, though the wife has a list of destinations for almost every weekend--she's been waiting patiently and is anxious to exercise the 92gal fuel capacity.

wayne (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 05:47 am:   

Here is a chance for you dreamers,builders and fliers to get together. Fly In cook out at Norris Field,Ricmond, RID193/6dme, Sunday Sept 25. everyone is welcome, even if you have to drive or fly one of those lesser types in. might be a chance to get a ride or see one of the Best 4 seaters you can build.we had 3 here last year might we double it?

Doug Clancey
Username: Dclancey

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 09:13 pm:   

Wheeler Express Kit for sale cheap on E-Bay. Item number: 4572356065. Check It out!!!!!!!!!

Jim Ward
Username: Jehward

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:19 am:   

Are there any completed/flying Wheeler CT examples in the Northeast (New Hampshire) area?
I have someone who is interested in checking one out.
Let me know and thanks,
Jim Ward

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: