Archive through September 17, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Aircraft Co LLC Out of Business » Archive through September 17, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roy Davis
Username: Royhdavis

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 07:55 am:   

I am sorry to report that Express Aircraft Company, LLC is out of business. The text of the letter sent to customers is posted on our Web site.

Roy Davis and Nancy Moon

Chris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:51 am:   

It is truly a sad day in the Express world, both for those who fly and those who support the design... and especially those who are still building.

Unfortunately the Express community has been here before. However, together you can continue to support each other and make some great things happen. This website and Bill's newsletter are going to take on a more vital role in keeping the family together and builders building. I pray that everyone gets the airplane they wanted in the end, and that the insurance companies don't jack their rates sky-high due to loss of factory support.

A sad day indeed...

- Chris Michalak

Jim Butler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 11:03 am:   

I offer any assistance I can to Roy and Nancy, or anyone who may be interested in picking up the assets of the company.

I agree this is indeed a sad day, but as Chris said, Express has been here before, as has almost any other aircraft company I can think of.

Jim Butler

Hans Georg Schmid
Username: Hgschmid

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 11:09 am:   

Dear Nancy, dear Roy, dear employees of Express Aircraft Company, LLC

I am deeply sorry that Express Aircraft will have to be discontinued. For the future I wish all concerned the very best. Never give up!

And – I am still convinced to build one of the best aircraft of its kind – the EXPRESS 2000 ER.

Hans Georg Schmid

SwitzerlandEXPRESS 2000 ER

Jim Oyler
Username: Midniteoyl

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:46 pm:   

What the hell?

CBROS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 01:21 pm:   

I certainly agree that it is too bad that Roy and Nancy cannot see their way clear to continue.
However, this is not a time to panic. Being an EXPRESS builder since 1988/89 this is only the third time that I have seen the company in distress and each time the company changed hands the product has been improved. The airplane is much too good to disappear, so keep your eyes, ears and attitudes open and I'll bet something good will come of this.
In the meantime, keep building and use this forum to support your "habit".
My thanks to Roy and Nancy for their efforts and to the staff including Allyn and Hope, don't sign up for unemployment yet!!!
Bill C

michal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 04:39 pm:   

very sad.

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 05:39 pm:   

I am a builder that started my project in August of last year (the week after Larry Olson died). I have been sitting on the sidelines since then watching to see if Roy could turn the company around. This was a very difficult job (for anyone) as the company was on the skids long before Roy took it over. I believe that there are other people out there (like me) that have paid for their kits but have not received the remainder of what they have already paid for. If you fit that category, or if you have paid for parts that have not been delivered, or if you are a creditor of EAC in any way, please contact me as soon as possible. There may be a way for us to collect yet. You may contact me at the office during the day at 765-423-1382 or at home evenings at 765-567-1382 or by e-mail anytime at ghw@wolfelt.com. Keep your chins up. The ball game isn't over yet. Gary Wolfelt

David Frederiksen
Username: Frederik

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 06:27 pm:   

I am a builder in Central Australia and have been waiting for parts since 2000. I had hoped that Roy and Nancy would get on top of EAC's proplems. I was going to rebuild an 10 540 for my Express but found a remarkable article in Sept. CUSTOM PLANES using LS1 CORVETTE engine packaged by Predator Aviation. This engine was designed by GM to run at 100% power continuously. Cost quoted for complete firewall forward Under $30,000.Read the article before commenting. I believe it was made for the Express.

Mark Dennes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 07:34 am:   

I (and my father Kevin) are also a builders of a (thankfully) just finished Express in Sydney, Australia- very disturbed to hear that EAC has ceased trading. We now feel even more isolated than before . . .