Archive through September 17, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Aircraft Co LLC Out of Business » Archive through September 17, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Dingbaum
Username: Aviators

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 08:22 am:   

Mark,
Fly and enjoy your plane. There are still alot of us out there building (and probably a few who are "in between building sessions"). The internet does a good job of keeping us together as a group (as does the CBROS newsletter).

We're a heck of a lot better off than the people were back in 1998 when Larry and Paul resurrected the company - there's more flying, there's more accumulated knowledge, etc. I'm still at it, heck I've got 6 hours of build time in the last two days, pretty good for me.

Jeff

Jim Butler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 09:31 am:   

Mark raises a good point. It is very much in all of our best interest's if the factory keeps going. Sometimes that means paying a little more for a factory part than scrounging around and trying to save a few dollars. I hope as a group we remember this if Express gets going again.

Jim

sean crooks
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 09:53 am:   

I was ready to buy the 4&5 kit to complete my 3/5 kit. So would it be safe to say i am screwed?

Hans Georg Schmid
Username: Hgschmid

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 09:59 am:   

Sorry everybody for the large picture above. I just don't know how to reenter the site and how to make it smaller. I tried and my sons tried to help, but unfortunately we had no success. So - enjoy the nice colors!

Hans Georg Schmid

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:11 am:   

I think that Express Aircraft at this point should help save the name of the airplane. Help us builders out by releasing the plans that would allow us to complete our airplanes. Maybe even sell copies of the plans to help pay off debts. I would be willing to purchase the plans to complete my aircraft and have friends who would do the same. At some point one has to look at the success of other kit/homebuilt aircraft and those with the option of plans only or plans and kit have been much more viable.

Just my two cents

Matt

Chris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:13 am:   

Jim does touch on a critical point. While everyone likes to be frugal and save where we can, having the factory in business is also just as imporant. The bottom line is running an airplane company is an INCREDIBLY expensive endeavor, and as such, your pricing has to factor these in. R&D, staff, facilities, supplies, inventory, marketing/airshows, taxes, etc... it all adds up very quick (let along making any profit). Paying the factory $1 more for an item that you could buy at AC Spruce could mean that a kit part you'll eventually want won't have to go up $100 in price later on (figuratively speaking).

- Chris

CBROS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 02:52 pm:   

Sean:
It certainly does not mean you re "screwed".
What type are you building ie CT, Series 90, Series 2000?
There are more than enough parts lying around the country to insure completion of your project. What parts are included in "kits 4 and 5"? That is, what parts do you need?
Ask for what you need on this fourm and I'll bet you will be surprised.

Bill C

Carter A. Smith
Username: Carter_smith

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 03:39 pm:   

There are quite a few of us who are in need of parts. Perhaps we should start a new heading for those with parts and those looking for parts?

Roy Davis
Username: Royhdavis

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 05:18 pm:   

For metal parts contact Experimental Aircraft Metal Fabrication at

EAMF@centurytel.net

They make almost all the metal parts including engine mounts and exhaust systems, or know where to get them.

EAMF has been making the metal parts for Express since before EAC existed.

Michael J.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 07:56 pm:   

Is Continental Teledyne Motors also going out of business? I have tried www.tcmlink.com for the 3-rd straight day with no sucess.