Archive through January 10, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Express Aircraft Co LLC Out of Business » Archive through January 10, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rvz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 09:06 am:   

Cmon, you guys should have seen that one coming. Tom has made it clear in the past that this is a debate-free zone, just as I've made it clear that wheelerexpress.com is the place to take more...let's call them lively.... discussions. I've always considered what goes on behind closed doors to be just as important as what's coming out the hanger doors, and both welcome and encourage any interested parties to participate in completely open and uncensored discussion on my forums.

Tom has always made it clear that his forums are for construction specific topics, and doesn't allow more abstract conversations re the future of EAC. I've beaten to death my low opinion of EAC and Allen in particular, and feel that the world needs to see the dirty laundry. I respect and understand Tom's position, and from private emails I believe he understands mine.

In any case, feel free to continue this conversation/flame war/expose over on the wrong side of the tracks, aka wheelerexpress.com

rvz

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 11:07 am:   

The results of the survey are in and posted at www.wolfelt.com/express/post4.htm I am standing by and keeping my ear to the ground. GHW

Gary H. Wolfelt

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 10:43 am:   

Has anyone else noticed that the business assets and N511EA are no longer listed as "for sale" on the Express Aircraft Web Site? Have any of the rest of you been notified of a sale or a change in status? I am, for obvious reasons, "persona non grata" so I am wondering about the announcement that was supposed to be forthcoming. Nancy Moon e-mailed me on 10/27/04 "We're looking forward to having a very positive announcment soon". Just wondering. GHW

M. Hunter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 09:08 am:   

Anyone know anything new on the situation w/ EAC? The silence is deafening ;)

Mike

Brian McKinney
Username: Bmckinney

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 08:56 pm:   

Someone has to know something about what is going on behind the scenes. C'mon Gary, I'm waiting for post5.htm to shed some light and some new inside details. It's been way too long!

Although my kit has not seen fresh resin or cloth for at least 9 months (be quiet Wayne), I am still itching to see who ends up with the Express company. Why does it have to be such a secret?

Just say "Group X" and "Group Y" and "Group Z" are all in negotiations with EAC to purchase the assets. Give us something!

Oh well... I'm sure someone will have it back in production by the time I actually need more parts...

Brian

Gary H. Wolfelt

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 07:12 am:   

Brian: It is good to know that there is still someone else out there (other than Mike and me) that wants to know what is up. Unfortunately, I am in the dark as much as everyone else. I am still amazed that there were so few people that were willing to push Roy and Nancy for an answer. Only R&N know what is up and they are not telling. Obviously since the assets are no longer listed for sale on the web site, they have been sold to someone. But how can we tell for how much or if any of us that are owed money by EAC will ever see a dime (or the rest of our parts). I had enough "votes" lined up to put EAC into receivership. But no one else offered to help pay for the project. I guess that a bunch of guys are finished throwing money at this mess. My guess is that R&N are waiting out the ninety days since they sold off the assets and then will do what they want to with the money. Unless they say otherwise (I am still waiting for that "very positive announcment soon"), that will be my assumption. It is still not too late to make them to talk to us. But I cannot and will not do this all by myself. If I am going to spend any money pushing for an answer by myself, I am going to be looking out for just myself. So get onboard guys. Time is running out! GHW

Werner Maag, CH8174 Stadel, Switzerland
Username: Wmaag

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 09:55 am:   

Gary and Brian: Far away in Switzerland and not current of your laws about giving up business it is amazing for me how Nancy and Roy could just give up and run. In my case they owe me some 2400 $ in parts I payed an didn't receive. (As I do have a customs receipt I can proove it too) Needless to say I never got an answer to my letter about this.
I suggest that all of us invest some 10% of missing value and go ahead with the formal procedure to get to a decent solution in due time. Gary shall open an escrow account at his lawyer and all of us who are missing parts pay in our 10%. Werner

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 10:03 am:   

As far as I am concerned EAC is probably a lost cause. I had tried to buy parts on a few occasions and was either told that I had to pay upfront and essentially that I may get my parts in 6 months. I now have a complete kit, pre EAC. It has the old tail. I pretty much have all the parts needed, anything else can be made from the plans. BTW, than k you to the un-named party who provided me with the original engineering paperwork. I am currently working with a lawyer, who has not been able to find any registered IP rights on the Wheeler. I have no plan to sell parts right now. But I do understand all the people who are in need of items to finish their projects. My current focus is building a database of parts and drawings that will describe the aircraft enough so that someone will be able to build the parts they need. This will probably take me another 6 months to a year. But I hope to have a website up and online at some point where all the data can be downloaded. ie layup schedules and autocad drawings so that those true homebuilders can finish what they have started and gotten screwed out of. Hopefully someone, unfortunately it would be someone without many brains will take over EAC and open the doors back up. But looking at the history of kit/homebuilt aircraft those that can be built from plans or kits are the most prolific. For those of you missing parts and need info now, please feel free to contact me off list and I will happily measure up and have tested the parts that I have so that you may be able to continue building.

Matt

Matthew Byrne
Username: Mbyrne

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   

cough cough, did EAC replace the airplane like they said?

http://www.aviation-salvage.com/N625J.htm

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:28 pm:   

When did they say the would?