Parts Availability Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Express Builders Forum » General Express Aircraft Discussions » Parts Availability « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 09, 2006Reinhard Metz10 03-09-06  11:08 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jerry Sjostrand
Username: Jerry

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 02:50 pm:   

These blocks were made up of a sandwich of G-10 and 40 pound foam. Maybe someone can send you the number and sizes of the layers.
Of course, you could use a solid layer of G-10 but I think the original parts were more than sufficient for the load.
Reinhard, can you help with this.
Jerry

Sven-Ake Eriksson
Username: Sven

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 03:45 am:   

Blocks are made of two 1/8 and one 3/8 inch thick slab of G10 separated by 1/2 inch thick #40 foam. First 3/8 inch G10 then 1/2 inch foam followed by 1/8 inch G10 followed by 1/2 inch foam and then 1/8 G10.
Sven Eriksson

Roger Spencer
Username: Roger

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 06:55 am:   

Thanks Everyone and Sven particularly for the sandwich make-up ! You guys always have the answers if asked! I thought that solid G10 would weigh a ton! Sven, does the 3/8 G10 fit against spar web or fuselage saddle? Since I'm going to make these, does anyone have them were they can measure the dimensions? Do they need to conform to the spar including radii at the spar caps? or is all they have to do is provide a solid filler where the bolts go through? Related questions on the inboard/outboard and vertical dimensions: Does it have to be fitted to fill to the top and bottom of the saddle and from the spar end to the outside of the fuselage lines? ie. are they intended to take out spar moment loads directly or just through the pins?

Tom Ware
Username: Thomas

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 09:02 am:   

Roger
my blocks measure 7 3/8 x 3 1/4 inches. im not at the point where im fitting the wings so i can not tell you where the 3/8 inch g-10 side of the block rests against? carry thru or wing main ?
hope this helps!
anyone have a good source for 2foam2 1/2 inch stock?, 40 lbs foam?

Kevin Dennes
Username: Kdennes

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 01:34 am:   

Roger. Even though there is nothing in the instruction manual (2000 series) regarding the installation of the blocks, Larry Olson described to me the necessity of fitting the blocks carefully, including the radius. When the resin (with milled fibre) was made up to secure the blocks, it would not only create a very secure spacer but it would also add a great deal of additional strength for the integrity of the pins. The blocks, therefore, became an integral part of the spar where the pins are inserted. I hope this bit of information is helpful.
Regards.

Kevin (from Downunder)

Jim Ward
Username: Jehward

Post Number: 47
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 07:01 pm:   

Tom:
The last time I bought it from General Plastics.http://www.generalplastics.com/products/product_detail.php?pid=15&PHPSESSID=1c33 648f7ebed9f1771daa4fe80eeb85
Can't remember which one it was - maybe the FR6700.Check the product descriptions.The down side is that they had a minimum $$order amount. The upside(?), you'll be amazed how fast you go through the stuff.
Good luck,
Jim

Jeff Dingbaum
Username: Aviators

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:01 am:   

I setup an account with New Glasair and bought some
40lb from there.

Jerry Sjostrand
Username: Jerry

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:28 am:   

One more time!
Once the blocks are in place, I recommend drilling through the blocks and the spar and installing a 5/16" carriage bolt to keep the blocks in place. It is possible when installing or removing the pins for the blocks to be pushed loose. It happened. It will be necessary to inset the nut (thin nut) and washer on the one side so it will not interfere with the spar fitting into the carrythrough in the fuselage. A small cost and effort but with big potential returns.
"Insurance!" Jerry

Robert G. Tompkins
Username: Drbob

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:16 am:   

I have an Express Auriga and I need to replace both main gear cuffs that were damaged (possibly due a hard landing). Does anyone know where I could get a replacement pair? many thanks, Robert Tompkins

Gary H. Wolfelt
Username: Wolfelt

Post Number: 62
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   

The last time that I was at the Express Facility in Washington, Darrell had a set of these in inventory. You might call him and see what he can do for you. His phone number is 360-864-6271. If he cannot help you, you might try Grove Aircraft in CA. http://www.groveaircraft.com/ GHW

Darrell M Peterson
Username: Darrell

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 08:20 am:   

Robert G Tompkins, We have most parts in stock here at the factory,please give us a call. 360-864-6271

Robert G. Tompkins
Username: Drbob

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:23 am:   

Dear Gary and Darrell,
Thanks for your help. I will give Darrell a call when I get to the States next month. Kind regards, Robert

Shawn kelley
Username: Skelley

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 07:08 pm:   

I have a mold and can make them up for you for $150 for the pair. If you are interested give me a call at 541-968-9328. If you have any questions or need any help I can do that to. Have a great day! Merry Christmas to all! Shawn Kelley

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: